Concealment pve rotation?

Segastorm

I'm leveling an operative right now, and I had just recently started getting into concealment (I tried it before, but stopped because I found it hard to kep TA up). I'm finding it easier this time around, but I feel a bit underwhelming, even compared to other operative dps. Is this the rotation I should be using?

Acid Blade

Hidden Strike

Shiv

Stim Boost

Backstab

Overload Shot

and at this point keep switching between shiv, backstab, and overload shot, only using lacecration when you're at 2 stacks of TA, and keeping the Acid blade/Stim boost buffs active.

You want to keep corrosive dart always ticking on a boss. It's going to wind up being 10-15% of your total dps and it will make proccing TAs from lacerate easier. Also, if you have enough energy to use overload shot (and corrorisve dart doesn't need to be re-applied), use explosive probe instead. Basically rarely if ever use overload shot. Its damage for concealment is extremely underwhelming for the energy it uses. Once you get orbital strike you'll want to mix that in too.

Also, wait until the acid blade dot from hidden strike clears before you acid blade/backstab.

Edited by Syberduh

You want to keep corrosive dart always ticking on a boss. It's going to wind up being 10-15% of your total dps and it will make proccing TAs from lacerate easier. Also, if you have enough energy to use overload shot (and corrorisve dart doesn't need to be re-applied), use explosive probe instead. Basically rarely if ever use overload shot. Its damage for concealment is extremely underwhelming for the energy it uses. Once you get orbital strike you'll want to mix that in too.

Also, wait until the acid blade dot from hidden strike clears before you acid blade/backstab.

I'm going to have to disagree with keeping corrosive dart ticking at all times (You'll end up having to use a heck of a lot more basic attack to compensate for the 20 energy being used). In my personal experience it is an ability that is low on the priority list, only used when at the awkward point of having no TAs, everything is on CD and you have enough energy to apply corrosive dart and prepare acid blade for the next round.

Also in regards to Overload shot, don't use it, if you have any down time use explosive probe, if that is on CD then use corrosive dart, if for some reason everything is on CD then go for overload shot but frankly that ability is a major waste of energy and is really only useful in a handful of situations

Edited by SharpG

Corrosive dart is energy expensive to be sure, but in terms of damage per globals used it's one of your most efficient attacks -- especially when you buff it with the extra ticks from lethality. I mostly pvp but here's a pass I did against the ops boss dummy in augmented WH gear:

http://www.torparse.com/a/20366

Its energy efficient per global yes, but I feel like giving priority to it to keep it up 100% of the time interferes with much more important abilities being used at the time lowering the DPS.

Edited by SharpG

Its energy efficient per global yes, but I feel like giving priority to it to keep it up 100% of the time interferes with much more important abilities being used at the time lowering the DPS.

What do you mean much more "important abilities"? The only thing better for sure is backstab, which only costs 5 energy with full concealment. In a long boss fight, you don't need to worry about how long it takes for an ability's damage to occur, so my corrosive dart (2589 dmg) is much better than say, shiv (2028-2100 dmg), with only 1 more energy cost. Corrosive dart is internal damage to boot, making it even more effective against bosses. You don't want to be cutting off darts before they run their full duration, though, as that will lower your dps.

I suppose that is possible. Could you show me one of your parses with significant lapses in corrosive dart so I can see how the damage works out?

I'll see what I can do about getting you some parses today at some point.

What do you mean much more "important abilities"? The only thing better for sure is backstab, which only costs 5 energy with full concealment. In a long boss fight, you don't need to worry about how long it takes for an ability's damage to occur, so my corrosive dart (2589 dmg) is much better than say, shiv (2028-2100 dmg), with only 1 more energy cost. Corrosive dart is internal damage to boot, making it even more effective against bosses. You don't want to be cutting off darts before they run their full duration, though, as that will lower your dps.

I think we are discussing full concealment, obviously if you were using lethality corrosive dart would be far higher on the priority list. Full concealment also won't be speccing into the reduced energy cost for corrosive dart.

Edited by SharpG

I think we are discussing full concealment, obviously if you were using lethality corrosive dart would be far higher on the priority list. Full concealment also won't be speccing into the reduced energy cost for corrosive dart.

Just curious, where are you putting those two points then?

Just curious, where are you putting those two points then?

1 Point into double tick for a 12.5% chance of double ticking and one point into an additional 3 seconds duration for when vital shot is actually used.

Edited by SharpG

1 Point into double tick for a 12.5% chance of double ticking and one point into an additional 3 seconds duration for when vital shot is actually used.

Makes sense, I'm not sure which allocation produces more dps, those two talents or the reduced cost on vital shot/corrisive dart. Nonetheless having the extra three seconds makes it even easier to keep it up all the time, and the chance at double tick makes it even better to always have on the target.