The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Respawn time

iamnotacrook

Today i did Voss Bonus series solo and 2 other players did those as well, same missions at the same time. After a while we teamed up because we all were tired of waiting for the objectives that you blow up and the elite nps's to respawn. That is something you guys should consider to change. Just not on Voss, all in general on all planets for both sides in almost all missions.

I have patience, i really do but if you "compete" with two others, the wait time becomes really long with every bonus objectives and with things you should blow up.

Or what do you think?

I think they're constantly looking for feedback like this and tweaking where necessary, but that providing more information would probably help them out more.

From my experience, re-spawn times seem tied in with the location and how many characters are logged on within the instance. What time was it? What server? How many people were in your instance? Etc.

Some places, the re-spawn timer is pretty quick already: I'm thinking the starting planets, Black Hole. Other places (Ilum dailies), I think could use some work as well.

Respawn times are an issue on almost any planet that has quests where you have to click a glowie or collect things. It's bad on Coruscant, it's bad on Taris, etc. One are where I would like to see them go the route of Guild Wars 2 and make everything clickable for each person once so you don't have to sit around waiting for a computer panel to respawn 5 minutes later.