What was Palpatine doing after Maul's return?

Slowpokeking

According to the comic he didn't sense it right away, and until now he still hadn't try to contact his former apprentice and use him, but let the Death Watch found them and made ally. That's not smart. From the preview he wasn't using Maul but went there by himself to kill Maul, that's not like his style. Let Dooku kill Maul would be more like Palpatine's style and Dooku hates Maul a lot for Qui Gon's death.

From what I understand of Palpatine, he's a staunch believer in Darth Bane's philosophy of the Sith. Always 2, one master, one apprentice, etc. With Maul's defeat, he proved that he's not worthy of being his ally, let alone apprentice. The only solution would be to remove him for good.

As for Dooku, I can imagine he's sad for Qui-Gon's loss, but even so it's blurry if he could actually stand up to Maul, especially now where he appears more powerful. Besides, he has a Confederacy to run. Palpatine might have a lot of desk work, but I'm sure he can find time for this personal matter.

From what I understand of Palpatine, he's a staunch believer in Darth Bane's philosophy of the Sith. Always 2, one master, one apprentice, etc. With Maul's defeat, he proved that he's not worthy of being his ally, let alone apprentice. The only solution would be to remove him for good.

As for Dooku, I can imagine he's sad for Qui-Gon's loss, but even so it's blurry if he could actually stand up to Maul, especially now where he appears more powerful. Besides, he has a Confederacy to run. Palpatine might have a lot of desk work, but I'm sure he can find time for this personal matter.

Yes he will need to finish Maul, but he could use him as a tool first, just like he did to Dooku.

Edited by Slowpokeking