Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I need chat macros to deal with the new players

ebado

These new players need a lot of help. They don't know how to train their advanced class (and once they do, they don't open the gear bag they get). They skip all the planet quests and wonder why they are eight levels below their next class mission. They don't know how to queue for warzones. They don't know what planet comms do. They don't know what orange armor is. They don't understand mods and augments. They don't know to train skills. They don't have any knowledge of the F2P restriction. In short, most of them know nothing.

I'm a helpful person in game as long as the person asking the question isn't being an ***. I answer about half those above questions a few times every hour. It's getting exhausting. I can copy/paste, but a macro would just be more efficient. My solution to this point has been to help less.

I swear, there needs to be a giant sign in flashing pink letters as soon as you get to the fleet saying "Don't skip this quest! It's how you get your advanced class!" for the new players though.

Edited by ebado

While this would be nice, and maybe it will get looked at after items on the Cartel Market. You said you can just copy paste, which I think is fine in the interim. I actually have a word document that lists my most common phrases in the game. It includes, but is not limited to, answers to common questions about F2P restrictions (e.g. why is the game stealing my money and putting it into something called escrow), links, shouts for groups (e.g. Tank LFG HM EC full run), and [probably] my favorite, because it is such a time saver, answers about what to do once you hit 50 (e.g *** do I do!?!?!). I always have this open while I'm playing.

if they miss the 2 guys right in front of them when they step off the elevator after ariving on the fleet, then thats their fault for skipping the very obvious triangular markers that mark you need to talk to this person... i think its best to let them figure it out on their own or theyll never learn and keep bugging random people with pointless questions that can be easily answered if theyd just read, listen, and do the quests... im all for helping newbies but not with painfuly obvious stuff that they purposly skipped... Edited by Elly_Dawn

These new players need a lot of help. They don't know how to train their advanced class (and once they do, they don't open the gear bag they get). They skip all the planet quests and wonder why they are eight levels below their next class mission. They don't know how to queue for warzones. They don't know what planet comms do. They don't know what orange armor is. They don't understand mods and augments. They don't know to train skills. They don't have any knowledge of the F2P restriction. In short, most of them know nothing.

I'm a helpful person in game as long as the person asking the question isn't being an ***. I answer about half those above questions a few times every hour. It's getting exhausting. I can copy/paste, but a macro would just be more efficient. My solution to this point has been to help less.

I swear, there needs to be a giant sign in flashing pink letters as soon as you get to the fleet saying "Don't skip this quest! It's how you get your advanced class!" for the new players though.

Welcome to what really is the average or casual player. These players never visit the forums (don't blame them actually), don't read up on playing the game, don't research how to take maximum advantage of talents or play and these are the most common player types in the game. I admit I'm a glass is half empty person and I applaud you wanting to help these folks but there's frankly a never ending stream of them. You're not going to make much of a dent and sadly, in the end the players you helped need more help later because of the things I mentioned above.

EDIT: I have a coworker that plays this game and I occasionally team up with him to help out. I rarely say anything to him but it's frequently amusing the things he does so often that I'm no longer suprised by them. And he's definately the 'casual' player. His situational awareness is so poor he's constantly pulling extra groups because he just 'accidently' runs into them. He's just like I describe above so he'll equip gear that's not for his class, he'll miss-allocate talent points, fail to see a trainer for several levels, not keep his gear current even though he gets drops to do so, not upgrade his companions gear ever and then can't figure out why they're always dead or suck..................The list goes on. I find it very exasperating to play for very long with him because he never seems to learn from his mistakes. Anyway, once again I applaud those that have the patience to help out those that need it. I know I don't always (or often) have that patience.

EDIT2: BTW, I am a casual player myself and have I made mistakes? Yep, plenty of them but I like to believe that I learned from them and when I did recieve help (who doesn't need it on occasion) I like to think that I didn't waste the time of the person or people that helped.

Edited by uziforyou

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.