Lowbie PVP question

xxMemphis

I have decided to play a marauder because I want a melee DPS toon (the rest of mine are healers & tanks). I am currently low level (15) so nothing too important now. Due to FP queue times for DPS I will be playing PVP 95% of the time so what tree is good for pvp. I have done some looking all over and it seems to be annihilation mostly but those are all post from a few patches ago...

I would like some survivability..I know it will not be huge but I would like to know I could win a 1 vs 1 battle against someone. I would like to not have to watch and manage DOT's or stuff like that but can if that is needed. So what are the pro's and con's of each tree? Is there anything that is key to playing a marauder that I should know?

You should give them all a try eventually, but I'd recommend starting with Annihilation. Survivability is good (due to self healing with DOTs) and you get Deadly Saber pretty early in the tree. You can get a good feel for how this spec plays even at sub-30 levels.

When you get around level 30, consider trying Rage. By that time, you'll have insta-crit smashes and some of them will be buffed with Shockwave. You'll be missing out on a bit of Smash's damage potential given that you don't have the top talent for that tree, but around this level you can at least get a feel for the spec (and still do pretty good damage).

I personally don't like playing Carnage until I have Massacre (top talent in tree) which would be around level 40. This is also the squishiest spec in PvP but can dish out insane single target burst damage. By level 40, you'll have your defensive cool downs and you'll be more familiar with playing the class in general, so I think that's a good time to try out Carnage.

Personaly my reccomendation is stay Anni untill level 30 when you can get Gore in the Carnage tree (which is where Carnage becomes viable) and for Carnage your "basic rotation" is build rage till you gen enough for Force Scream then when Blood Frenzy and gore are up use Force Scream for emmence amounts of damage ( Blood frenzy = free FS critz, Gore = 100% armor penetration)