Gunnery companion ?

Pannther

Elara Dorne, no question. Probably the best companion in game period. For me, daily wise I can solo everything there is to offer. Aside from the new 4 man that actually requires 4 people in SX.

HM FP wise she has healed all of them and does a fine job of it too. She also uses aim just like you. Transfer all old gear to her as you progress in gear.

Just doing the easier crap dailies you might could use HK or Aric to burn them down quicker but I never have a problem buring anything down quick anyway just by being a commando with an abundance of AoE.

^

Definitely Elara.

Her healing is good, and with gunnery you want a companion who can keep your downtime to a minimum to take advantage of the spec's ammo efficiency. This includes doing dailies at 50 when your damage output far surpasses anything your DPS companions can do.

For levelling, Elara.

On regular missions there's no downtime and you can safely tackle Heroic 2 missions without any real issues because the combination of damage, companion healing, self healing and crowd control is unstoppable.

For level 50 dailies, Elara.

Same reasons apply. A dps companion might give the illusion of being faster, but there's more resting between fights. You also have less control over tougher fights and might end up needing to drop heals, which lowers your dps output. As your gear improves the dps gap increases, even if you keep your dps companion well geared.

It's a shame that the dps and tanking companions aren't more viable. I sometimes bring Aric or Yuun out for fun. They have decent gear but they soon get sent back to the ship as things just don't go as smoothly as they do with Elara.