The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New to the game again. Help?

Wile_E_Ken_OB

I played when the game first started but didn't play long enough to level up my Agent past 17 or so. Starting to get my Star Wars bug back again and decided to give the game another shot. I enjoyed the game before but it just didn't hold my interest. I hope things go differently this time around. Just debating whether or not to play Jedi or Sith. Leaning towards Sith Inquisitor but I like the armor of a Jedi Knight. Any suggestions as I embark on round 2 of my TOR experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the advice. I'll look back into it then. I created an inquisitor but I don't know if it will work with the Chiss character I want to use. Not sure if Chiss would be relegated to being a slave at all.

Aliens as a whole (except the Sith race) are generally looked down upon in the Empire.

Just debating whether or not to play Jedi or Sith. Leaning towards Sith Inquisitor but I like the armor of a Jedi Knight. Any suggestions as I embark on round 2 of my TOR experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

Qua story;

Jedi Knight; Story goes slow for the first 2 chapters, then it becomes awesome. But I felt very pidgeonholed into being Light Side. Dark side just doesn't feel right on a knight.

Sith Warrior; Very good story all-around (if you like Sithy stuff). Both Dark and Light side work pretty well, giving some unique perspectives on both accounts. Baras, your mentor, is also one of the few Sith I find interesting beyond the whole being evil for the sake of being evil-schtick.

Sith Inquisitor; Good first chapter, after that it's not bad but also not as good as the SW story by a decent margin.

Qua armor;

With adaptive armor, you can have Jedi 'heavy' armor from the cartel store on any class (though, they still have the same armor rating as light armor on an inquisitor for example). :)

I myself am an alt-o-holic and have also just returned. Currently levelling a Sith Marauder (already have a lvl 50 Jugg :p), Sith Assassin and an Imperial Sniper.

Also, welcome back and have fun!