Can anyone help me find this / lowered drop rate from low level champ mobs

ebado

TL;DR - This item, the RD-14A Assault Chestguard is no longer dropping off the mobs it used to. Does anybody know a good place to farm this other than level appropriate boxes? I have all the other trooper versions of this model (Esseles, crafted, two rewards from Coruscant) and would like to have this last one. Had it once upon a time, then deleted that character.

----

The drop rate on low level champ mobs seems to have been lowered. Previously, mobs such as Dr. Pammel Tarqus on Dromund Kaas used to have a good chance at dropping blue and orange-quality loot (if not 100 percent, near 100 percent), including the chest piece I mentioned above. Now it seems like champions (tested across Dromund Kaas, Imperial Balmorra and Republic Coruscant and corroborated by many in-game and on TORhead) are just dropping loot like normal mobs.

If BioWare happens to read this and feel like responding, was this intentional? Will it be fixed?

For realists and everybody else: anyone know a good place to farm for this item?

Slight update: I've been able to find a few open world champ NPCs on Dromund Kaas that drop blues seemingly regularly (40 to 60 percent of the time) instead of just being standard mob loot, but none that seem to share the same drop table as the NPCs that had their drops removed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.