Suggestion: Change to Guardian Slash/Crushing Blow

Psyclic

I have played a Guardian tank as my main since APAC release and have co-tanked all raid content up 3/4 Nightmare EC and while I love my tank I really think they are lacking in threat generation in comparison to the other tanks.

So with that in mind I suggest the following change to Guardian Slash/Crushing Blow

Current ability

Strikes the target with a powerful blow, dealing 1033 - 1208 weapon damage and applying 3 stacks of armor reduction for 15 seconds. If the target is affected by 5 stacks of your armor reduction, Guardian Slash damages up to 2 additional nearby enemies, applies 3 stacks of armor reduction to those enemies, and knocks down all affected standard and weak enemies. Does not damage sleeping, lifted, or incapacitated enemies. Generates a high amount of threat.

Change

Strikes the target with a powerful blow, dealing 1033 - 1208 weapon damage and applying 3 stacks of armor reduction for 15 seconds. If the target is affected by 5 stacks of your armor reduction, Guardian Slash increases threat generation of all abilities, excluding Taunt and Challenging Call, by 10% for 10 seconds.

I do understand why the ability was changed and it does give us more AOE threat but I do believe that this would be a much better ability and would bring us in line with other tanks. This would also not have a detrimental affect on PvP in terms of damage out put. It would reduce the "sunder spread" in PvP but since I dont PvP I cant comment on how much of an impact this would have.

With the release of Makeb coming I would really love to see some work done on the defense tree to increase threat generation in the new talents that are coming.