Nasty ques this early in the morning.....

Phixler

Been playing all of EGA and haven't had to que yet because I play in the mornings....now a 15 min que on my server.....

Did they lower pop caps or something to steer the newbs onto the new servers? My server was always heavy but hasn't been full that I know of....

You're talking about the morning of official launch. Many people are going to have taken this day off from work / school in order to play all day long. It's the initial "zomg" surge. It'll subside later in the week as people get the initial binge out of their systems.

What I dont understand is why the hell people are joining the already full servers when a quarter of the servers on the list are Light.

WHY?!?! WHY?!?! ANSWER ME PLEASE!~!!!!

Because they aren't very bright?

Also, I can see why they'd join my preferred server - Davik's Estate. It's a PvP U.S. East server, it's bound to be extremely popular, and in fact it's population was regularly "heavy" for the duration of early access.

What I dont understand is why the hell people are joining the already full servers when a quarter of the servers on the list are Light.

They either 1) see light and think empty; or

2) they wanna join friends already on a server.

p.s. To Bioware: I'd be willing to transfer to Shadowtown if you offered *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Yeah little surprised at 10 am est, I had a 250+ queue. O.o Been waiting for an hour now, and only halfway through queue (only had 10 minute queues max if at all in early access). I imagine it's just this bad cause its holiday week and everyone is off, at least I hope.

There's a huge list of new servers they added overnight, but people are rolling on the same old servers.

I have a lvl 28 on a full server now but I may just eat it and head to a new, light server. Why whine? Nothing is holding me to the old server. :) I can get 28 in 3 days of playing anyway.

Because they aren't very bright?

Also, I can see why they'd join my preferred server - Davik's Estate. It's a PvP U.S. East server, it's bound to be extremely popular, and in fact it's population was regularly "heavy" for the duration of early access.

1 - because they have friends on those servers that they wish to play with

and/or

2 - because they want to avoid being on a server with a low population

I'm not an MMO launch expert by any stretch of the imagination but I cannot help but feel this could have been handled better.

Looks like I won't be able to play at all today. I usually play in the morning for about a hour or 2 before work. I've been in queue now for about 20mins and not even halfway down the queue line. Server says <25min queue. At this rate no way I can get in even for 30mins before work.

Can't get on after work because the queues have been longer. I fear tonight when I get off of work I'll have another 2hr queue.

Oh looks like the updated the time, queue now says 30mins.

I am hearing alot of this Sever capacity not being at max.

And I think to myself, what a wonder, no wait crazy world.

Why on earth would they be holding back on raising Capacity on the really hurt servers? Am I not seeing some bigger picture, or what would the reasoning behind STILL not having capped capacity be?

New influence of players is dealt by with launching new servers, ok Check.

Queues according to bioware would be monitored and capacity would be regulated as seen fit. Ok, makes sense. But, I've seen nothing but an increase in queue times on the heavy loaded servers.

So perhaps we're already seeing the maximum Capacity, and the 5hours queues on Euro evenings will be a constant atleast for now.

There's a huge list of new servers they added overnight, but people are rolling on the same old servers.

I have a lvl 28 on a full server now but I may just eat it and head to a new, light server. Why whine? Nothing is holding me to the old server. :) I can get 28 in 3 days of playing anyway.

I wish I could do this, but I'm GL for my guild and we have over 20+ people. How am I going to get 20+ to drop their charas and join a new server? Not to mention we can not guarantee that they will get their current names.