Switching from a Hybrid Build

Kenj

Alright, so for several patches I've been running this build. When zen lost the slash cleave it felt much more nerfed.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501rsroM0MZhZGMRrzf0o.2

I'm looking for opinions on what build I should change to if any aimed towards PvE. I've been stacking power and surge mostly.

My current stats are:

1917 strength

771 power

393 surge

201 crit

165 acc

So any build, or build guides I should look into?

When I made it, the idea was dps like normal, build centering, then pop zen and slash spam for the 3 refunded focus per use. More or less, spam one button, and you not only AoE for very large numbers, but also generate focus.

Current style was still the basic concept, run through your skills as they cool down, slash otherwise. Timing's a bit tricky since master strike stays in the 'rotation' but once you hit 27 stacks of centering, hit overload saber, then zen, then master strike, and then once master strike ends you start building centering again running skills as normal, rinse and repeat.

More or less it was the closest thing to a steady rotation that didn't need me to throw in the basic Strike unless I made a mistake somewhere.

It's weakness (besides another sentinel in group breaking your centering generation routine) was against a group of strong mobs, as to AoE with the build is either a one-off or an energy burn, but the tradeoff of zero-range leap as a small additional focus generator on targets that didn't require ducking in and out, or a backup interrupt seemed to outweigh the loss of the ( at best ) 3 additional 5k AoE attacks per minute.

My DPS numbers shifted a bit more but weren't much different for better or worse then when I ran standard watchman last.

Anyway thanks for the guide, nice to see not much has changed in the other builds, so I'll see about comparing the numbers from a parser to see what's best currently in my style/gear.