The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A Long Time and Coming

overmanwarrior

I spent a good part of the last year and over a couple of thousand dollars just to step up to the plate so I could play this game with my wife. We have always loved Star Wars, and we consider this better than any vacation we could take anywhere in the world. And I just want to say that the game is even better than I imagined it would be. I am very excited to spend thousands of hours with her running around in such a fantastic world that I know a lot of people spent a lot of time creating. It is a real treat to play! So for those who were a part of the creation process, thanks. And for those who are running around in this world with me, I'm happy to be a part of this with you.

Glad to hear you love the game! May I ask what server you're on?

We are on the Jedi Covenant. I never had time to play Galaxies, but my kids did, and I always wanted to play with them. But my thing with it is that it wasn't story driven like Old Republic is. That's what makes this so special, if you really love all the Force Lore stuff, there really isn't a better place to live it and have fun with it than Old Republic. My wife has read every single Star Wars novel ever written, including all the junior novels, and she ran out of material finally in 2011. So this is the only way I could give her more material that we can share for a change.

I read all the reviews comparing Old Republic to all the other MMO's out there, and it seems people would enjoy it much more if they took the time to soak up the story. We've spent our first 20 hours doing just about everything there is to do on Tython and I don't think I've scratched the surface. Very well done--it is more than I expected.

We are on the Jedi Covenant. I never had time to play Galaxies, but my kids did, and I always wanted to play with them. But my thing with it is that it wasn't story driven like Old Republic is. That's what makes this so special, if you really love all the Force Lore stuff, there really isn't a better place to live it and have fun with it than Old Republic. My wife has read every single Star Wars novel ever written, including all the junior novels, and she ran out of material finally in 2011. So this is the only way I could give her more material that we can share for a change.

I read all the reviews comparing Old Republic to all the other MMO's out there, and it seems people would enjoy it much more if they took the time to soak up the story. We've spent our first 20 hours doing just about everything there is to do on Tython and I don't think I've scratched the surface. Very well done--it is more than I expected.

Ah, Tython. Tython is a great planet, but rejlatively small.

and we consider this better than any vacation we could take anywhere in the world.

Oh i agree. The trip me and the wife took to Italy last year pails in comparison to the countless hours spent in staring at a computer monitor.

Did you meet your wife on LoweredExpectations.com??

No way! I'm on the Jedi Covenant too! I'm glad you love the game and I'm with you on that. :D