Confused Jedi/ Confused Sith

SickTag

I have leveled Jedi and I have leveled Sith. I found that it is confusing playing either side. I went Light Side Jedi...okay...but you know for a Jedi, a peacekeeper, I sure KILLED a lot of people, animals, etc... for bonuses, etc...

I went Dark Side Sith (Sorc) and I found from leveling: I sure care and help a lot of people through quests. Sure I kill people in them both for mission and in the story, however, I run up to everyone with a symbol over their head to help them. I sure am a caring Dark and Evil Sith Lord of Destruction.... Hey stranger, tell me your problem and I will fix it!

Over all the killing huge masses that would rival any war the story whines about happening. I mean how can 5 players not just kill enough of the other side in missions to end the war? lol.

Anyways just something that I found against the who RPG aspect of this game.

Jedi see death as returning to the Force. So while they'll try to avoid killing if possible, if there is no other choice they won't hesitate. It's actually very like some stuff in the Bhagavad Gita.

There are a lot of Sand People that became one with the force playing a light-side Jedi! And that was just one planet. :)

Edited by arunav

Difference between self defense of a Jedi and a Jedi just walking into someone's home or territory and slaying them all because he feels he should have the right to walk where ever he wants. sounds like a rude american on vacation over seas, at least Sith are up front about it. As for returning people to the force, if they just saw slaying people, moving to another planet and single handedly wiping out opposition on that planet and moving on to the next as part of the force, then what would it matter what side you were on? That sounds more sith then Jedi. It also sounds like Germany during WWII, and countries instead of worlds. To be honest, this game makes me really not like Jedi, and I was huge into the Jedi Order. However, whatever they say their cause is, they seem like murderers. I don't remember in the new hope Obi Wan marching into the Death Star and sabering every storm trooper he saw, as a matter of fact, he used jedi mind tricks to avoid fights at all cost, even when behind enemy lines.

Difference between self defense of a Jedi and a Jedi just walking into someone's home or territory and slaying them all because he feels he should have the right to walk where ever he wants. sounds like a rude american on vacation over seas, at least Sith are up front about it.

What in the world are you talking about with the Jedi? And the Sith aren't up front unless it serves their purposes. They lie all the time.

As for returning people to the force, if they just saw slaying people, moving to another planet and single handedly wiping out opposition on that planet and moving on to the next as part of the force, then what would it matter what side you were on? That sounds more sith then Jedi.

So the part about "no other choice" went over your head? And the Jedi have never advocated destroying planets. The Force, you know, tends to get disrupted by that sorta thing.

It also sounds like Germany during WWII, and countries instead of worlds.

And that is so fail I don't have words.

To be honest, this game makes me really not like Jedi, and I was huge into the Jedi Order. However, whatever they say their cause is, they seem like murderers. I don't remember in the new hope Obi Wan marching into the Death Star and sabering every storm trooper he saw, as a matter of fact, he used jedi mind tricks to avoid fights at all cost, even when behind enemy lines.

Yes, because one old guy was totally a match for thousands of stormtroopers.

You're either a troll or amazingly clueless. :rolleyes:

You are mixing in the game mechanics and the story of the game, which are for the most part intended to be separate for SW:ToR. While more variety would be welcome (such as more prominent stealth), in the end of the day this game is following the WoW model. If you feel like getting philosophical about slaughtering everything in your path, go play KotOR 2 (with the restoration mod, ofc).

This game's premise is WAR OVER PEACE - War is the way of letting players experience a level-up, a "rise to power", to let them experience how their characters grow uup.

Peace cannot achieve this. So Peace is regarded as inferior by the developers, because Peace = Stagnation, and War = Evolution.#

To me, this sounds very much like The Sith Way. ;)

But, disturbingly, this is the way of the Developers - or otherwise they would have included many, many, many more ways of PEACFULLY solve quests ...

The game's designer's and developer's goal becomes clear : The player should enlive the own characters' pürogression through WAR, not through PEACE -

- which results in the thought-model of

"Bad is the new Good"

or, in this case :

"War is the new Good"

or, to put it even more extremely :

"War is the new Peace"

It is clear that the designers/developers do not want us to enlive a time of peace - they have decided that it is the "best" for us to enlive character prograssion through war.

Based on these imho rather philosophical thoughts it becomes clear why no-one of the classes - be it Sith or Jedi or Soldier or Smuggler or Bounty Hunter - won't ever be able to bring peace into this game setting :

It is called "Star Wars" - and it is about nothing but WAR,

NOT about PEACE.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer