The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What's the point in being a subscriber?

Glorthox

Where is the incentive to actually subscribe? We get just 500 cartel coins a month and still have to pay 9.99 for the content patch. The bugs that are still in the game don't get fixed. So where is the incentive to keep paying 14.99 a month for game that doesn't get fixed ever. The only thing that F2P has brought is very rude people without honor, credit sellers, and people running 4 accounts at a time. I love the game, I just wish bioware still had a love for the game too. I wish they cared more about their subscribers instead of just worrying about the next cartel market item.

I can understand the perception that people can feel as being a subscriber. Lately it seems like we are overlooked and that the only way we're ever going to get decent and new gear is from the Cartel Market.

That being said, I do like having all the quick bars, not having to worry about only being able to carry a minimal amount of credits, and access to all the Flastpoints, Operations and Warzones etc. I am hoping that here in the near future that I can add to this list. Call me a fan boi or Star Wars groupie, but I still enjoy most of the game but they really need to rethink where they are taking this game. Because as it stands, Im really starting to worry about the future of it.

Yeah when you take out cartel items and Makeb, playing purely on subscription doesn't seem to get you very much in the way of an improving game. If you don't want to spend money beyond the subscription it seems you're stuck with a stagnant game that isn't going anywhere.

The point of being a subscriber is that it's cheaper to do endgame content relatively frequently.

F2P/Preferred really only works out financially at endgame if you play 1 or 2 weeks per month or don't do "endgame" at all. After that, subscribing is cheaper.

Other than that, it's personal choices. Pay or don't pay. Play or don't play.

This line intentionally left blank.

Unlimited access to generic MMO endgame features, that's pretty much it. If you do not seek those features, you're better of playing F2P.

The only exception is if you're not planning to stick around for a few months or more, in that case it remains cheaper to just buy a box and sub for an extra month if needed.