The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question about the AP tree.

Teraskas

Hello there.

Due to an abundance of tanks on my account I've been playing around with the idea of changing my Shield Tech to Advanced Prototype. Similarly I've done this with Sith Juggernaut except I've started a new char which I leveled all the way with the Vengeance tree.

Now, my actual question is about the stats required for the AP spec.

I've been going over guides related to AP but always get conflicting statements regarding these.

The most common selection I've seen is Aim + Endurance + Crit / Surge rating.

However, on my Vengeance Juggernaut I went with Strength + Endurance + Power + Accuracy.

He's currently sitting at 433-515 Main + 269 Bonus damage.

Considering that I've been hitting like a truck on that char and frequently topping the leaderboards in PvP, I was wondering which stat optimisation would be the most effective as AP..the crit gear or power gear ?

Also, a question related to End Game & PvP: As AP, which sets would be most complementary to the spec I'm using ?

Tyvm in advance. :)

I'm not sure what the general community opinion is of Noxxic, but noxxic.com/swtor will give you skill builds for PvP/PvE, as well as what stats to pay attention to, your basic rotation, your skill tree, and BiS gear.

Noxxic nearly always makes fundamental mistakes, so you can use it as a resource but take everything they say with at least a wheelbarrow full of salt.

Go Combat tech for the set bonus, stack Aim/power, get ~200 crit. Don't worry about accuracy.

+1

At some point you can take some accuracy though. Because when you reach 78-79% surge, its useless to add more power/surge mods, better add 1 or 2 power/accuracy ones.

IMO, 95% accuracy is a good number.