The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gear issues

Shrilokka

Hello everyone so I am a 50 PT in full war hero combat tech gear (including all my trinkets n such) with a few elite things and well AP just isn't holding up like it used to in PVP. I enjoy it a lot more than pyro but I think to stay competitive I will have to respec. I am just concerned because I REAALLYYYY dont want to reget my warhero set for the 15% railshot crit. Is it required? Can i be competitive in combat tech? I worked my *** off for this set back when it was hard to get and i just really dont want to grind out another armor set.

Or would i be better off just sticking with AP? I can faceroll most people and I am always top 3 damage... but everyone and their mom has convinced me that pyro is the grass that is indeed greener on the other side.

Any advice would be hot. Ty

Edited by Shrilokka

If you want to do rateds as a PT you pretty much have to be pyro, some teams will run a PT as main tank once in a while (likely on an alt team) but 99% of PTs on competitive teams are pyro. If you just want to do regs it w/e, but pyro will do more damage. The eliminator set bonus is quite vital, but the good news is that WH is faceroll easy to get now so it should be no problem to get a min/maxed pyro set in a few weeks while being able to keep your ap ****.