CM armor and weapons

Glorthox

IMO the armor sets and weapons should have bonus's that make them truly unique above just the way they look. Armor sets should have their own unique set bonus's depending on the armoring mod. Weapons should come with their own unique color crystal where the user doesn't have to worry about a crystal enhancement when leveling or make it to where the weapon levels with them. I still don't get why these CM weapons seem to sell for so much on GTN when all they are is looks and nothing more.

They sell because having a look you like is a big part of the culture in this game now. With adaptive armor even more so. Allowing your dark jedi to wear sith robes is a pretty big deal. In a game where the end game gear has everyone looking the same, having a unique look provides a nice bit of individuality and identity.

IMO the armor sets and weapons should have bonus's that make them truly unique above just the way they look. Armor sets should have their own unique set bonus's depending on the armoring mod. Weapons should come with their own unique color crystal where the user doesn't have to worry about a crystal enhancement when leveling or make it to where the weapon levels with them. I still don't get why these CM weapons seem to sell for so much on GTN when all they are is looks and nothing more.

So in other words Pay2Win? Why should someone get special bonuses for opening their wallet and not earning something the real way in-game? Im really hoping you just didnt think about this too much.

That would be pay to win.... i can make a blind eye to the investigator robes and that kind of CM gear that already has mods on it, but its under 50 mods so i guess i dont have to like it much, but i can let it pass. Otherwise the CM is as it should, all cosmetic utility stuff.

allthough I dont like that we can buy the ship parts on CM either.

I think crafting in this game should be encouraged not the other way arround, all they doing is taking a pace backwards with this kind of stuff.

Edited by Spartanik

That would be pay to win.... i can make a blind eye to the investigator robes and that kind of CM gear that already has mods on it, but its under 50 mods so i guess i dont have to like it much, but i can let it pass. Otherwise the CM is as it should, all cosmetic utility stuff.

allthough I dont like that we can buy the ship parts on CM either.

I think crafting in this game should be encouraged not the other way arround, all they doing is taking a pace backwards with this kind of stuff.

Crafting has been dead since Augments. Now the only thing useful is Biochem to save money, Artifice for end game hilts/enhancements (that you dont even have to raid for just buy and use the "non exploit" trick as stated by BW) and Cyber for the same reason. Nothing you can craft has any purpose unless you want to level up BiS every two levels. The sad thing is they touted crafting as being one of the best features and that they were going to be doing so much with it. They treated it like EA treats studios they buy. Took it out back and shot it.

That's not a good idea - many people would quit because it would be considered paying to win.

The weapons: is it just me, or do they look and sound cheap? The new ones with the holo-plates just look like a quick gimmick, not something actually cool.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.