voltaic slash / induction question

sippelmc

Hi all,

So Im leveling my deception assassin and having a blast. I just got voltaic slash and am a bit frustrated by something, though. VS builds up the shock damage boost but I have no way of getting it easily because induction, which reduces shock cost, is a separate buff. I can burn induction with shock, but by the time my CD on shock is up, Induction is already up, its a never ending cycle, and I can't get the damage buff. For pvp I much prefer the dmg boost over lower force cost. Is there a good rotation I can do in pvp to dip into the shock dmg boost? I guess I have to avoid VS for the CD time of shock so induction doesnt build, but it seems a waste in TTK....any thoughts/insight?

I'm not sure what issue you been having with Voltaic Slash

VS builds up a stack that adds damage to shock but it also builds up induction that reduces the cost of it

Most deception rotations involve using VS Twice, firing off shock, repeat

Even if your VS buff is still on and you have a boost to damage, in most cases for both pvp and pve its better to still hit VS twice

youll run out of force way too quickly otherwise. I tend to fire off shock without induction but only as a finishing blow or against people i cant catch up to (force speed is down so they are too far for melee but close enough for discharge and shock)

TL;DR: I advise always using VS twice before shock even if the buff is still up

Fairly sure you misunderstood what induction is:

It doesn't stop the damage bonus on shock from VS.

You used to need to reapply this one also, but since 1,4 it isn't consumed by "your next shock" like induction is. What this mean is once you used VS twice, your next shock is -50% cost +30% damage (if I recall well its 15% damage boost per stack) and if you do not use VS again, for some reason, all shock used within the next 15 sec of your last hit after the first are full cost but with the damage boost.

To keep up sustained (read keep up your force) 2x VS -> shock is your standard move.

In practice the way they apply VS stack over time just mean if you really need max burst you can do something like this:

Vsx2->shock->discharge->maul(can be done before discharge too if EW procs for a possible extra surging charge proc)->low slash->shock

Basically you concentrated on damage and incapacitating rather than reboosting shock.

Thats something that will leave you saber striking the next few seconds tough.

Ah, OK, thanks. So what you are saying is that I get both the damage boost and force cost reduction after VSx2.

Thats perfect.

I for sure always want the cost reducer, but thought it was blocking my dmg boost. When I was playing with it, as you know force cost reduce buff displays and the damage boost, each as separate buffs, but shock only consumed the cost reducer and left the dmg boost buff up on the first cast of shock, so I assumed the dmg boost was never being applied because it is not consumed. If its still working as you explained re the change in 1.4 then thats fine.

Tks!

Edited by sippelmc