Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SWTOR's Resolve System or WoW's CC DR's?

Maanji

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that in WoW Arenas, comp was just about everything (I remember RMS was called African Turtle Cleave or some crap like that xD ). And part of WoW PvP was learning which CC's you could chain and what classes had them. So cookie cutter comps like RMP, dr00d + any 2 DPS, etc, etc, were created.

I think the 11 different categories of CC is excessive. Just maybe 4?

-CC that does not break on damage

-CC that breaks on damage

-Out of combat CC (lift, mezzzz, etc.)

-Knock backs and roots (imho)

The way WoW dealt with CC left wide open cracks for many classes/comps. It was 100% consistent though. That was what I was trying to put emphasis on. But to me, the posts that catch my attention are:

-Resolve works relatively well if CC is coordinated and you know how/when to use your CC Breaker. Strategic deaths? Eating stuns?

-Lower the CD on CC breakers (probably the easiest to implement, but is it the best?)

-DR's are consistent and reliable. Resolve is ______ (insert 4 letter word).

We aren't even close to the plethora of CC's WoW has, so we won't follow in their pitfalls; no cracks in the system. We DON't have ARENAS. We don't even have 8man Q's unless we're doing rated WZ's!

Like I said, I just want to hear what the consensus is. I'm not saying WoW's DR's are better than the Resolve System nor the opposite. I like how WoW approached it but the end result was re-rolling a FotM or the death of some specs/classes/comps. Yes, there were the infamous that could roll whatever comp and still reach 2000+. But I don't play WoW anymore. I don't give a good gawd dam wut they're doing now :mad:

For now, I'm stuck with good 'ol Resolute (my CC breaker) and the Resolve system. I think the lower CD on CC Breakers may be an easy patch. But I think if the PvP team does it right, DR's could be the best answer. Just keep things SIMPLE, imho. What color is the red Tauntaun?

Using your 4 categories and WoW's DR. You'd still be chain CCed longer than with resolve system.

4+2+1 = 7s stunned, then 8+4+2 = 14s of mezz for a total of 21s of continuous CC.

Edited by Smashbrother

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.