Damage

Talon_Starfire

All 3. - Just go with the one that u like most cause u will be the most effective in it.

Besides, there are literally more than enough threads on this forum section that highlight the playstyle and philosophy of each spec so if u look into some of them u will likely find ur answers for sure.

In short:

Focus/Rage: high area of effect damage

Combat/Carnage: high burst damage and amazing team utility via opswide 80% speedbuff and additional roots

Watchman/Annihalation: high sustained damage via dots and some self-healing if they crit

Some specs have things other dont, Watchman for example used to have much more survivability than the other 2 because of the self-heals but keep in mind that these got cut in half after latest patch. - In contrast, the other two have more burst etc.

But there is one thing none of these specs lack and that is massive damage.

All 3. - Just go with the one that u like most cause u will be the most effective in it.

Besides, there are literally more than enough threads on this forum section that highlight the playstyle and philosophy of each spec so if u look into some of them u will likely find ur answers for sure.

In short:

Focus/Rage: high area of effect damage

Combat/Carnage: high burst damage and amazing team utility via opswide 80% speedbuff and additional roots

Watchman/Annihalation: high sustained damage via dots and some self-healing if they crit

Some specs have things other dont, Watchman for example used to have much more survivability than the other 2 because of the self-heals but keep in mind that these got cut in half after latest patch. - In contrast, the other two have more burst etc.

But there is one thing none of these specs lack and that is massive damage.

Yup, there is only one thing to do, and it was what I was told early on when I had the same question.

Try all 3 specs. Give each a good solid couple of weeks, if not more, to really get the handle on it. Try it in both PvE and PvP(if you like doing both).

It has been broken apart and nitpicked to death the differences between each spec. Which does more overall damage, which does more sustained damage, and which does more burst damage. Ultimately, I really think it comes down to what feels best for you and how you like to play. Some say that Carnage can be a little more to handle and come to grips with how to use your abilities, while some say that Rage is almost too simple and bound to be nerfed at some point. I'm not sure I agree with that but I'm biased. :)

I think I'm becoming the resident Rage advocate, probably just because I see so much attention given to Carnage around here. :)

Edited by Voxx_Voltaare