Combat&Focus Hybrid

NasDragon

Is this the build you're talking about?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bcZhGMRRr0dZGborz.2

If so, pretty much any Combat build that skips out on Blade Rush is a loss because of the damage Blade Rush does, the fact that it forces an Ataru form proc, even in Zen (6 Ataru Form Procs), and increases the number of times Ataru can proc. Not to mention that it gets an additional 30% crit damage.

I don't think it's as good as you think it is.

Zealous Leap is a gap closer.

It's got a maximum 10m range and costs 3 focus. It's no more a gap closer than taking two steps is (max melee range is 4m).

Zealous Leap is a waste outside of a full Focus build because it is essentially just there to be a second Felling Blow Proc because you can use Sweep twice in 15 seconds.

It's got a maximum 10m range and costs 3 focus. It's no more a gap closer than taking two steps is (max melee range is 4m).

Zealous Leap is a waste outside of a full Focus build because it is essentially just there to be a second Felling Blow Proc because you can use Sweep twice in 15 seconds.

Works very well on Snipers under cover.

Works very well on Snipers under cover.

One single PvP situation in a topic about a PvE build. Snipers and Slingers are the Rock to our Scissors anyways, I'm not concerned about them (especially since you can Force Camo to them after they knock you back and then use Pacify to prevent them from doing again with the Ambush/ Aimed Shot talent).

Edit: Oh... You're the guy that wants to homogenize our already very powerful (practically OP in PvE) and versatile (Janitors and Spikers in PvP) class. That explains it...

Edited by BlznSmri

One single PvP situation in a topic about a PvE build. Snipers and Slingers are the Rock to our Scissors anyways, I'm not concerned about them (especially since you can Force Camo to them after they knock you back and then use Pacify to prevent them from doing again with the Ambush/ Aimed Shot talent).

Edit: Oh... You're the guy that wants to homogenize our already very powerful (practically OP in PvE) and versatile (Janitors and Spikers in PvP) class. That explains it...

ZL can be used in PvE too, but of course you didn't know that. And what are you going to use when FC and Pacify are on CD?

Any yes, I'm the one that asked for some skill in the future updates.

ZL can be used in PvE too, but of course you didn't know that.

I can most assuredly tell you that I know that, but there aren't any fights in this tier of content that require you to leap and extra 6 meters to get close enough to the boss to hit. In PvE Zealous Leap is primarily there for your Felling Blow proc to auto-crit Force Sweep. It does moderate damage while fully specced in Focus, but with this hybrid the loss of Blade Rush and its forced Ataru Form procs, on top of the 30% additional crit damage to Blade Storm (and Blade Rush for that matter) far out weighs the damage (and "utility" if you can call it that) Zealous Leap gives.

And what are you going to use when FC and Pacify are on CD?

Not be dumb enough to attack a Slinger/ Sniper?

Edited by BlznSmri