The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who to run with a vangaurd for PVP

Dammascus

Hi

My friend has come back into the game finally and he plays an assault spec vanguard. I have a vanguard as well and a gunslinger.

We plan on PVPing exclusively, which class would be most synergistic with his Assault spec VG? The GS or another vangaurd possibly running another spec??

Any thoughts??

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Running 2 assault vanguards in pvp is alot of fun! i run duel vanguards with my dad in pvp all the time. We can both grapple enemies away from each other if we are in danger and both of us being able to throw down taunts for the 30% decrease in damage is nice. Plus, we can both kite and that is the best part.

Another cool class might be a healing op. they can do decent damage but more importantly, heal on the run. any class that is mobile like an assault vanguard will be good, like a balance spec'd sage or shadow IMO.

Hi

My friend has come back into the game finally and he plays an assault spec vanguard. I have a vanguard as well and a gunslinger.

We plan on PVPing exclusively, which class would be most synergistic with his Assault spec VG? The GS or another vangaurd possibly running another spec??

Any thoughts??

Thanks!

Either one should be great and a lot of fun.

Speccing Assault would, as Jerminatorreese stated, allow for some fun synergies.

The Gunslinger specced into Dirty Fighting would also be a lot of fun. A lot of mobility, the option to go into cover (for leap immunity, protection and to use Pulse Detonator), Flash Grenade (to setup a group for Mortar Volley), Leg Shot (to slow a runner so your buddy can get into range faster) and dual pistols! ;)

I would suggest trying both over a few matches and seeing what works best for you guys.

I'd go gunslinger because it would give the two of you a lot more utility. Two assault vanguards would be ridiculous though. But if you run gunslinger you give yourselves a lot better cc options, especially for groups of 2+ you take on, and will have deadly long range dps which vanguards do not have anymore beyond 10m. GS with cc immunity with hunker down and any time leap immunity, freighter flyby for node protecting, and crit buff if these are your guys only toons.

But either way you go you guys will be destroying stuff if you're both any good and work well together.