The Republic: SWTOR is "Out of Control"

Peregrine_Falcon

Lets just face it, life day sucks. A terrible idea for a 'holiday' to cash in on, should have been quests or something to get people into the event. Not just "but this random robe for no reason".

As for the whole christmas thing, no one celebrates christmas as a religious thing anymore lets be serious.

Hey now, no rational arguments please. You'll break the immersion I have come to find in irrational and half thought out arguments I so enjoy reading.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are exaggerating to get more listeners. Holiday content is lame in every game, and it would just be taking away from relevant Star Wars content that is coming out.

You don't need to touch the Cartel Market and the game is Free To Play. How can they be complaining? If you like to look cool and have money to spend, you can buy extra armor. It's completely feasible and although I'd rather the game be pushing along as a successful subscriber based game, I'd rather continue to have fun like this then lose the game altogether.

People need to stop complaining. The Ship Gear problem was, in fact, quite minor to many people and has/will be fixed. They already announced that they are aware of the problem and will fix it. There really isn't much to lose a sub for unless you are a pathetic player.

They aren't out of control at all. They are simply testing waters, understanding the community, and develop from there. If the mount doesn't sell well, they won't repeat the mistake. Honestly, some people here nitpick and whine so much that I wish they did leave the game. :mad:

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps BW is doing everyone a favor and NOT bringing Christmas into a game simply because not all of us are Christians?! What a novel thought......

So they want to not have celebrations of any kind while there are holidays of celebrations.

How about BW first make it so holidays are non-religious first at a national level... then try to make a point..

Since now... everyone is celebrating their holiday time, and BW is not showing any recognition of that which seems like they dont care about other people celebrating their time off. It looks worse than something good. Its just negative.

However... they do actually have plans for swtor during the new year. So... its not like they completely ignored everyone.

They something planned for illum and possibly more.

edit: And you might want to change your Christian calendar as well. Since even new year is a Christian celebration.

Edited by VegaPhone

It seemed like it might have been out of control, but about three days after the heroic space missions came out I was buying grade 7 ship parts for 50k each. Took a good chunk of money to get them all, but made half of it back on the first day. So in retrospect...not really.

? it didn't end well for me? You failed to realize that you have to pay money to get ripped off. No one is getting ripped off. The value of the speeder is $18 if you don't want to pay it then don't. It's not like someone bought it because they needed it to play the game. No one bought it and then it droped to $1 in cost.

You only proved you don't know what the word ripped off means.

By all means though please tell me the definition of pay 2 win.

Again I don't have to buy something for it to a A rip off, anymore than I have to buy something for it to be a bargin (as you Veyron was :)).

In the same respect P2W remains P2W. :csw_yoda:

You can take a good look at this repainted monstrosity here:

Czerka Life Day Speeder

So what do you think? Are those Christmas lights or Life Day lights?

And would you really pay US$18 (or the equivalent in your country's currency) to have that for just one of your characters? If so then why?

It is a Santa Mount and $18.00 for something that costs effectively $0.00 to produce and is that bad is A rip off and extortionate.

Most all the Cashshop prices need to be reduced 50% to be brought into reality.

People need to stop complaining. The Ship Gear problem was, in fact, quite minor to many people and has/will be fixed. They already announced that they are aware of the problem and will fix it. There really isn't much to lose a sub for unless you are a pathetic player.

They aren't out of control at all. They are simply testing waters, understanding the community, and develop from there. If the mount doesn't sell well, they won't repeat the mistake. Honestly, some people here nitpick and whine so much that I wish they did leave the game. :mad:

Remember the only reason they've said anything about the ship gear P2W is because people complained, if they hadn't nothing would have been said.

And remember so far nothing has been DONE, Bioware EA say a lot of things, they don't end up doing most of it however. :(

It is a Santa Mount and $18.00 for something that costs effectively $0.00 to produce and is that bad is A rip off and extortionate.

Most all the Cashshop prices need to be reduced 50% to be brought into reality.

How do we bring into reality virtual goods? There's no exact price for this.

Well if something as "concrete" as a gear set, for example, costs around 5-10 bucks, why the hell should a recolored version of one of the ugliest rides in the game cost 18 bucks?

I think they cover this well in the video itself.

As they say $18.00 for a really, really nice mount is one thing (something like they Overlords Throne).

However for something as bad as the Santa mount, basically it should have been given away free, but if they were to charge than no more than $2.00 per character.

And again as they say in the video, pretty much everything on the Cashshop is overpriced, even the silly price for fireworks.

I like to call it common sense

Or just sense

Anybody who looks at this and says "Oh yeah, worth 18 dollars" may be interested in a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell them.

Edited by LegendaryBlade

Life Day is all that was needed since it is in the Star Wars lore.

During the era of The Old Republic, Life Day was only celebrated on a planet not (yet) ingame. So that makes it pretty complicated to simply throw in an event, considering as to how they'd also need to incorporate the planet. And as they can't simply make it just for life day, but it'd require actual content and such as well, that's quite a challenging task. Sort of a Makeb 2.0.

During the era of The Old Republic, Life Day was only celebrated on a planet not (yet) ingame. So that makes it pretty complicated to simply throw in an event, considering as to how they'd also need to incorporate the planet. And as they can't simply make it just for life day, but it'd require actual content and such as well, that's quite a challenging task. Sort of a Makeb 2.0.

Then how do you explain being able to buy Life Day items on the Cashshop?

Consistancy needs to be, well, consistant. :csw_yoda:

Then how do you explain being able to buy Life Day items on the Cashshop?

Consistancy needs to be, well, consistant. :csw_yoda:

Smuggled goods on the black (cartel) market? :p

We don't celebrate thanksgiving in my country, yet I can still order related products on eBay. Consistant just like IRL ;).

Smuggled goods on the black (cartel) market? :p

We don't celebrate thanksgiving in my country, yet I can still order related products on eBay. Consistant just like IRL ;).

So there's an intergalactic market and (I assume) Wookie(e) sweatshops on Kashyyyk mass exporting extortionately expensive Life Day gear to a galaxy that neither cares about nor celebrates Life Day? Ok. :D

And somewhere in there Life Day got twisted into Santa Clauses Speeder. :eek:

So there's an intergalactic market and (I assume) Wookie(e) sweatshops on Kashyyyk mass exporting extortionately expensive Life Day gear to a galaxy that neither cares about nor celebrates Life Day? Ok. :D

And somewhere in there Life Day got twisted into Santa Clauses Speeder. :eek:

Well yeh, if we're to go by the topics on this forum then indeed very few people would appear to care about those exported expensive Life Day products :p.

Well yeh, if we're to go by the topics on this forum then indeed very few people would appear to care about those exported expensive Life Day products :p.

Aparted from the 3 or 4 dozen threads on that very subject that were merged into one super thread or just deleted you mean? :confused:

I was all for having a Life Day event or any event at any time. For one, of all the reasons to have events I think the most important part about them is breaking the monotony. You know something different to do from time to time if only for a week or two.

As far as this game goes, something should be said about being the ONLY game out there not having a holiday event, the only one period. These events love em or hate em have become MMO tradition across the board thus making them expected. How can EA dismiss this is beyond me.

Not only is this a non holiday event, it's also a non anniversary event, the 1st year anniversary at that. Am I wrong to get a feeling that EA is not even proud of the game to not even celibate their own game's anniversary? I will like to know if they even had a pizza lunch.

I was all for having a Life Day event or any event at any time. For one, of all the reasons to have events I think the most important part about them is breaking the monotony. You know something different to do from time to time if only for a week or two.

As far as this game goes, something should be said about being the ONLY game out there not having a holiday event, the only one period. These events love em or hate em have become MMO tradition across the board thus making them expected. How can EA dismiss this is beyond me.

Not only is this a non holiday event, it's also a non anniversary event, the 1st year anniversary at that. Am I wrong to get a feeling that EA is not even proud of the game to not even celibate their own game's anniversary? I will like to know if they even had a pizza lunch.

Yeah I think the lack of anniversay events has got a bit overlooked in the lack if Life Day events, if you look at what Warhammer Online did for its 1st anniversary and contrast that to 1 stack of fireworks....... there is no contest at all.

But can you say a Wookie uses the robes or even the redneck mobile (lawn mower with X-mas lights)?

I can see the robes, sorf of, but the mount seems to have been the result of someone with no idea of "Life Day" being told to "create an Xmas mount for the Cashshop". :confused:

But can you say a Wookie uses the robes or even the redneck mobile (lawn mower with X-mas lights)?

Well, SWG set the lore for Wookies to at least wear those red robes in 2004. Not sure if it was used prior to that already.

And lawn mower with xmas lights? Well, whatever someone makes up as being Star Wars may ultimately become lore, isn't that the entire beauty of the thing ;).

Aparted from the 3 or 4 dozen threads on that very subject that were merged into one super thread or just deleted you mean? :confused:

Think you misread me :p.

Edited by Fornix

The robes and orb are straight from the Holiday Special, but I don't blame anyone for being unable to slog through the thing to figure that out. They had a Tree of Life too, but I don't remember how much it resembles the barely-reskinned holotree of the cartel market.

The mount is an enchantingly ugly joke item, one that could be passed off as typical MMO fun if it didn't cost such a chunk of change in addition to being a limited-time item. I also think a little gift in the mail is a pretty nice/typical way to celebrate an MMO's anniversary - except they went and made it a stack of consumables. The only problem here, lack of event aside, is that they're getting it just close enough to right for it to be disappointing. The uncanny valley of holiday items, if you will.

Edited by spookysage