The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

On my 6th day trying to reinstall.

gthierwechter

Hello I'm currenty on my 6th day of trying to reinstall this game.

Just spent $475.00 on upgrading my pc, I thought upgrading everything would stop the downloading problems.

I was wrong its actually worse then before. Repair after repair for the last 5 days. And sometimes the launcher stops and freezes during the install process which takes me right back to the begining of that current download. This even did it a few times during the repair install. Seriouly loosing my patience with this game.

Edited by gthierwechter

If you're having network problems, it's unlikely replacing hardware (aside from your router/modem maybe) will solve anything - except make you a happier gamer when things do work again.

Have you checked that the drivers for your network are current? Don't trust windows to do it for you - actually go into device manager and look at the date on your drivers. Go to the manufacturer website for the update if you need to. This will solve all kinds of issues. Once you do that - also do this:

Click Start > Programs > Accessories > right-click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator". Type the following:

ipconfig /flushdns

[Press ENTER]

netsh winsock reset catalog

[Press ENTER]

netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

[Press ENTER]

netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

[Press ENTER]

exit

Restart your computer.

How old/how long has it been since your modem/router was re-booted? This can solve a lot of issues also. Unplug it (from the back preferably, the wall works too I guess) WHILE IT'S STILL ON. Wait for 30 secs, plug it back in. That's the lazy way lol - if you know your IP, type that into your browser that will take you to your router page. Click on "ReBoot" and wait. You may have to go into 'admin' to do that - unsure, if so you'll need the PW - google it. The default for your brand can be found online. Your IP can be found by going back to command prompt (you can skip the admin part) type 'IPCONFIG' -> enter and scroll down to find the number. It's a string like - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx .

Hope that helps.