1.6 and the death of PvE

electricart

Hi, I am Art

I play on Ebon Hawk, I am in a great guild Silent Council. We are very busy and have a great group of people involved in many different parts of the game, pvp, pve and role play. Currently running at about 500 active members.

I am posting regarding the most current update 1.6. As you know a focus on pvp was made with this patch, which is great as it has mostly not gotten much attention. However several new dynamics have come into play that creating a very bad situation.

The ability to retro engeneer the level 61 pvp gear and gain the main ingredient in level 61 and level 63 gear. Bio enhancers. Currently they are selling on our server at about 250k, a level mostly maintained by another dynamic on our server. Most crafters will cratt mods for free with ingrediants. Hoping to get a critical craft and get a free additional mod for free which they can sell on gtn for approx 1.5 to 3 mil depending on whether it is a mod, enhancement or armor or hilt/barrel.

So with the new patch level 61 gear for pvp now yeilds these rare crafting supplies at a rate of 0-2 per mod, a rate which usually will yeild 4 to 6 per day of pvping. Now having seen this most players have switched or are in the process of switching from a mainly pve gaming experiance to a primarily pvp experiance. The economics and the math of the situation demand it.

As the patch is in opperation and it is too late to do anything about , i wanted to put a voice to my displeasure and dissapointment. Unfortunately this situation will result in loss of interest very shortly of many of the gamers as the game is driven by a sense of accomplishment of getting the better peice of gear and doing greater and greater things, be it damage, healing or tanking. Quickly the best mods in slot will be maxed out in many players characters. A month maybe two, where it has taken many a year to get to the same situation before this.

I wanted to mention this situation could have easily been avoided by the developers by maintaining the seperation from pvp and pve by using different crafting materials in the pvp and pve and the level 61 and 63 gear. If you feel the same way as i do regarding the situation, please submit tickets and new posts so we get noticed.

Thanks for taking the time to read my rant.

Edited by electricart

This is the nature of tier-gear based games. They'll keep adding new levels, make it real easy to get previous types compared to old hard grinds.

SWG did things differently. They basically switched stats around every couple of months, forcing people to get new suits. But the stat amounts remains mostly the same.

Maybe EA will figure it out, people want crafting to mean something, instead they went for this lottery + grind system which is failing hard.

This is the nature of tier-gear based games. They'll keep adding new levels, make it real easy to get previous types compared to old hard grinds.

SWG did things differently. They basically switched stats around every couple of months, forcing people to get new suits. But the stat amounts remains mostly the same.

Maybe EA will figure it out, people want crafting to mean something, instead they went for this lottery + grind system which is failing hard.

That was not the exakt point.

With about 1,5h per day of PvPing you get 3-6 MolStabs.

With them you get the best PvE Equip actually in the game.

So now you get the best gear faster, not old gear.

Thats always the problem when pvp and pve gear shares something (even if its just one material that matters).