The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Buying Custom Gear & Mod Removal Fees

Segundus

Can anyone explain to me why anyone would spend actual money on customizable gear from the Cartel Market that also requires you to spend absurd amounts of in-game credits to swap your mods into? I personally HATE how the Battlemaster gear looks on my Bounty Hunter, and I would love to buy some cool customizable gear off the Cartel Market and swap my mods into it. However, if I am spending real life currency on items from the cartel market, I don't want to get hit in my virtual wallet either. That is just ridiculous.

The whole reason why people even play games like Champions Online and DC Universe Online is because you can freely and easily redesign the entire look of your characters, which keeps the game fresh and fun. No one wants to stare at the same costume day in and day out. And sometimes people want to experiment with costume changes without having to fork out a ton of in game credits to do so.

I personally believe that Bioware would make a ton more money with the Cartel Market if they would completely remove the credit sink to swap mods to gear. Or at least remove it for subcribers or give it some kind of cool down. I just can't understand the reasoning by putting up such a terrible visual limitation on a visually stunning game.

Really Bioware, what were you thinking? What ARE you thinking? I just can't understand some of your terribly piss poor decisions you've made when it comes to this game. You like money, right Bioware? Of course you greedy monkeys do. So remove the credit sink in relation to swapping mods between gear for subscribers, and I think you will see an influx of that money you love so much.

It costs money to put mods into an item? What?!

I've never paid to put mods into anything. You do not have to remove the previous item to put in a new mod - and in fact, if you are upgrading the mod/armor/enhancement, and do not need the old one for a companion's gear, then just put the new item on top of it and let it be destroyed. You're never going to need a level 30 purple mod again after you're level 35.

Perhaps it's time for you to learn the game's mechanics before you claim something makes no sense and blast BW devs for not knowing what they're doing. Seems that issue is your own.

Edited by Prettyevilish

It costs money to put mods into an item? What?!

I've never paid to put mods into anything. You do not have to remove the previous item to put in a new mod - and in fact, if you are upgrading the mod/armor/enhancement, and do not need the old one for a companion's gear, then just put the new item on top of it and let it be destroyed. You're never going to need a level 30 purple mod again after you're level 35.

Perhaps it's time for you to learn the game's mechanics before you claim something makes no sense and blast BW devs for not knowing what they're doing. Seems that issue is your own.

Ok, you're an idiot. Please don't post in my thread again. You're blasting me when you misread my statement. You know damn well what I meant. I am talking about removing the mods from one piece of gear and moving it to another. It costs credits to remove them from one in order to put them in another. Not to pay to put them in another piece of gear. Understand? I did not mean switching the mods between two pieces of custom gear so they both retain the mods.

I'll say it again. I am talking about taking the mods from your main gear and moving them into another set of gear, like the custom gear you purchase on the cartel market. That means you buy the cartel market gear for real world money then have to spend in-game money to remove the mods you want from the original gear in order to put said mods into the cartel market gear. This makes people hesitant from buying gear off the cartel market due to the cost of removing the mods from the original piece of gear.

Do I need to spell it out any clearer to you? Do I need to say the same thing twenty different ways so you understand it? Perhaps it's time for you to learn to not take what you read so literally and develop some kind of reading comprehension skills. Everyone knows it costs credits to remove the mod you want from a piece of gear in order to put it into another piece of gear. Who gives a crap if the destination gear's mods gets destroyed? Hello? McFly? Anybody home? Good Lord, it's like talking to a wall.

Edited by Segundus

For me, the advantage is that you get some gear you like, put MK-6 Augment slots on the gear for 30K credits per piece, and then you don't have to muck about with buying augment kits and putting them on your gear anymore, but yeah, they say mod removal is cheaper for subscribers, that must mean it's outrageously expensive for F2P :rak_02: