Skills for tank!

ovidiusflo

I don't really pvp, but here are some general tips that I know make tanks useful:

Make sure you always guard someone. I think a healer. Gaurd transfers some of the damage they take to you, so it makes them hard to kill.

Always use your taunts. Taunts in Pvp make people do less damage. Taunts are really good.

Other than that, for the pvp people to give you good advice, you need to say what class you are. There are 3 types of tanks for each faction and they all have different skill trees and abilities.

pro pvp tank don't put guard on someone until in the thick of battle and then guard the person who is focused.

3 reasons for that:

- guard is very visible, so clued players will know who the healer is and who the tank is immediately.

- guard does not work beyond 15m so if you put it at the start of the warzone and your guard target runs to the other end of the map, it's useless. It also prevents any tank at that location to guard that healer since he already has a guard buff that does nothing for him.

- if you're focused, another tank cannot put guard on you to help save you because you've already put your guard on someone else who is not being focused...

Taunt. Taunt. Taunt again. Taunt like there is no tomorrow. it's 30% damage less for six seconds to the player characters you taunt. As a tank it's your best move, along with stuns and snares.

What's your class?

Edited by Oggthebase