Hey Bioware, what was the point in Beta to Stress Test your Support Ticket System?

PunisherAS

Like seriously, your customer service is a complete joke. And you guys refuse to do anything about it.

What was the point of all those numerous stress tests when it feels like you have nothing but automated responses for everything?

You might want to just completely get rid of it since it doesn't solve anyone's problems.

Edited by PunisherAS

Stress tests are for their servers' hardware/software, to see how they perform under load.

Not that BW's customer support isn't generally slow/terrible, but how would you stress test your support staff?

Edited by Guancyto

Stress tests are for their servers' hardware/software, to see how they perform under load.

Not that BW's customer support isn't generally slow/terrible, but how would you stress test your support staff?

...by stressing them out, of course!:D

:rolleyes:

Apparently some of you werent here for beta so Ill enlighten you. What they used to do was have an admin mesage flash across the screen asking everyone to make a ticket when the timer counted down. Everyone would make a ticket and it could say anything. The point of it....certainly doesnt seem to be there since Im still waiting for answer from a 2 month old ticket as well as my gf who subbed prior to f2p and STILL hasnt gotten her CC for it. GG BW.

Apparently some of you werent here for beta so Ill enlighten you. What they used to do was have an admin mesage flash across the screen asking everyone to make a ticket when the timer counted down. Everyone would make a ticket and it could say anything. The point of it....certainly doesnt seem to be there since Im still waiting for answer from a 2 month old ticket as well as my gf who subbed prior to f2p and STILL hasnt gotten her CC for it. GG BW.

Maybe they are still processing beta tickets ;-)

Oh, interesting, didn't know that. Wasn't around for that segment of beta, it seems.

In any case, I strongly suspect that the problem doesn't lie on the ticket system being overloaded, but on the human end of the equation. There's probably a timer where, if you don't get a human looking at it, you get an automated message instead.

Unfortunately that seems to be the result of a majority of tickets.

In any case, I strongly suspect that the problem doesn't lie on the ticket system being overloaded, but on the human end of the equation.

Exactly. The stress test was just to test out the quantity of tickets being submitted....has nothing to do with the response time. I always just send a direct email to support@swtor.com because that seems to work a lot faster than in-game support tickets.

Exactly. The stress test was just to test out the quantity of tickets being submitted....has nothing to do with the response time. I always just send a direct email to support@swtor.com because that seems to work a lot faster than in-game support tickets.

That was my point, they didn't actually answer any of them they just wanted to see if the system could handle 10k+ people putting in a ticket at once. I do remember that as part of beta.