Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Cyrillic in the chat (Russian Topic)

Buks

In Soviet Russia Trolls troll trolls.

Just like here, only the other way around.

In a Soviet Russia probably, But I live in Russian Federation, and Trools here is The fantastic character and anything more. Among you there live trolls? Bad, very bad, and God bless you sir!

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Soviet Russia Trolls troll trolls.

Just like here, only the other way around.

Looks like you dreaming to live in Soviet Russia. Unfortunately the Soviet Russia is no exists.

Edited by _Lynx_

I am Scandinavian. I have nothing against Russians, and I in fact like the Russian stock market as one of the most golden investment opportunities right now.

I also support that Eastern Eruopeans are able to use cyrrilic characters in the guild and party chat - and why not Scandinavian special letters while we are at it (æ ø å ä ö)

I would however very much dislike if these were used in the General and Trade chat channels. In other MMO's there are always some idiots who spam these channels with non-English language - this should be prevented.

Thus if non-english letters are allowed it should be limited to non-public channels.

Agree with geowan.

Make it so they can use it in guildchat/private channels, but NOT in general chat etc. Hell i wont be using danish in those channels either, because we should all learn to communicate in one languages and that langauges happens to be english.

I dislike frenchs and germans only servers to, it just split up european gaming communities instead of making us one.

Its sad that sometimes many of us are even considering living with the lag and time differends just to play on us servers so we know everyone can communicate together.

I am Scandinavian. I have nothing against Russians, and I in fact like the Russian stock market as one of the most golden investment opportunities right now.

I also support that Eastern Eruopeans are able to use cyrrilic characters in the guild and party chat - and why not Scandinavian special letters while we are at it (æ ø å ä ö)

I would however very much dislike if these were used in the General and Trade chat channels. In other MMO's there are always some idiots who spam these channels with non-English language - this should be prevented.

Thus if non-english letters are allowed it should be limited to non-public channels.

I agree with you, and I think that in non-public channels should be supported all languages ​​of the countries where the game has officially sold.

+1

Another Swede here, if I group with a few rl-friends we will talk Swedish but I would never ever do so in general. In your own guild and your own group, you can do as you please of course. But it feels very lonely when the entire chat is full of a language that you do not understand. Are trying to find a nice PvE-server now will have chat in English so I don't have to switch later on. And I'm hoping to be able to use å, ä and ö in my legacy-name. Well, not all of the letters, but being able to use a Swedish name. Haven't found anything on it yet so we will see what happens.

Have fun playing, soon the last of us will get in :p

Why Russian? Why not chinese? Korean too? or how about just full support of Unicode?

People against this just because it may be spammed in general chat are short-sighted. I dislike spam in any language (I can read multiple languages), and would just turn that channel off if it bothered me that much.

Why not voice (e.g. Ventrilo-like built into the game)? ok it's not a character set but it would put this topic to bed.

I agree with you, and I think that in non-public channels should be supported all languages ​​of the countries where the game has officially sold.

Why Russian? Why not chinese? Korean too? or how about just full support of Unicode?

People against this just because it may be spammed in general chat are short-sighted. I dislike spam in any language (I can read multiple languages), and would just turn that channel off if it bothered me that much.

Why not voice (e.g. Ventrilo-like built into the game)? ok it's not a character set but it would put this topic to bed.

Why Russian spam is worse than Spanish, Polish, Hungarian or even English? The most of European languages use Latin alphabet, so they have much more opportunities for spam and I find it very offensive for nations who use Cyrillic. The problem of spam is the problem of intelligence and respectfulness and it is definitely not a reason for any sort of discrimination or restrictions.

Edited by OxDEFACE

In a Soviet Russia probably, But I live in Russian Federation, and Trools here is The fantastic character and anything more. Among you there live trolls? Bad, very bad, and God bless you sir!

Shhhh !!

Your knowledges about trolls in Russian Federation are poor! They are much more than *fantastic character and anything more*!!!!!

Troll Lord!

Edited by SavasNorn

Shhhh !!

Your knowledges about trolls in Russian Federation are poor! They are much more than *fantastic character and anything more*!!!!!

Troll Lord!

may be, But it is the main lord and the master of lords of trolls

Edited by Santario

Even that i am not russian i wish to comment on this. I know its more easy for russian speaking to typ cyl but i think for now the best u guys can do is type the letters in the european alphabeth.

And i am sure that when there will be russian servers bioware will support youre alphabet to.

( my wife is ukrainian sow i know youre pain a little bit )

paka a swtor ;-)

I hope we'll never get it ingame.

why not? If it is on a russian server why would u have something against it??? you have english, german and french servers...

i really dislike this kind of comments... zat knies!

Edited by hages

I too vote for the full Unicode support. Dear developers please make us all happy.

I do understand the issues of the "bad general-chat-russian-flooders" and to be honest hispanic, greek and swedish and your-own-hated-language-speakers as well. Personally I and my guild have no need in unicode support in general chats or in the game interface (like character names and so on). But we'd prefer to communicate in our native language while in the guild or guild-party chats. We are a small roleplaying guild and none of us had ever made such a shameful thing as cyrillic spam in general.

tl;dr

We do speak English and we love it. But we do love our native russian as well. Please turn the full Unicode on and may the Force be with you.

I'm Russian player and I'm completely against cyrilic fonts in this game at least! Many foreign players still think that Russians are rude to the world around only because when most of them are able to use cyrilic font they use it everywhere. Especially in general. I hate some moments when I play with people from Europe, they ask each other "from?" one says UK, another says "cool, been there", they have a friendly discussion. Then they ask "from?" too, I say Russia, they often say "Russia... ok..." and then silence...

I want to play with people mostly, not with cyrilic fonts... And many Russians have the same oppinion, though they don't write it here, mostly people typing their oppinions here are for new fonts. I'm still against and many people who are against too just don't type in such topics. BW please mention this.

Oh believe me sir, we are here and we write it here. I have a warning from swtor community support for my post already, thats like a compliment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.