Opinions Needed!

BrokenTangent

First off, let me come out and say that becuase I just finished getting my first toon to 50, a Sorc, I'm totally unfarmiliar with tanking. However, I just started making my first real alt, a Warrior. The kicker here is I recently managed to get HK51, who isnt the best companion for a dsp Sorc obviously.

Because I went through the trouble of unlocking HK on this newbie alt, I'd like to sort of build a class that utilizes his ranged/dps. The problem is I'm not quite sure I'm ready to run a Jugg, and I'd imagine playing a Marauder would feel a lot more natural to a newbie like me.

I realize that Marauders arent tanks, but from a PvE standpoint, would running a dps Mara with HK as my main companion make any sense? Or...should I venture into uncharted territory and try a Jugg?

Thanks! Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

I don't know how good HK would be while leveling a new toon since I've yet to do it, and just got my HK a few days ago.

Having said that, leveling a Marauder is easy to do with ANY geared companion, but you need to make sure you keep up to date with their gear, and I'm sure this goes for HK also.

Of course leveling a marauder with Quinn is god-mode as you can easily take down higher level Champion mobs no problem.

I woud say try a Marauder, and if you find yourself dying alot, try a dps Jugg, they are a little more heartier.

Personally id run an Immortal Jugg.

Or run a vengeance Jugg in tank stance with tank gear. Immortal will probably be better.

HK is a unique comp. amazingly high single target damage, and complete lack of AoE damage makes him very powerful but very narrow in his application. the issues you ran into with your DPS sage will be echoed on the Marauder. while the Marauder is hearty against a few mobs, a group can whittle him down fast. most Mauraders depend on their comps for either a: holding aggro on multiple mobs through AoE skills or tanking skills, or B: healing the maurader so he can go to town. Neither of these are an HK's specialty.

juggs have far more regular mitigation then Mauras, and if you specced tanking with tanking stats you'll be more survivable, so you can hold of the group at large while HK picks them off one at a time. I don't see the Mara being a smooth process with the HK. you can obviously do it...but having it smooth and fun...well you tell us how your sage experience ran :) sages have far more utility in heals and bubbles then a mara does, so im sure you can do the math on that.

I actually have a jugg im re-rolling to do that exact thing. so far so good...but she's only 15 :D not like anything is hard at that point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.