The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Leveling spec for Powertech

Balthezor

Hey guys, I'm just trying to level my Powertech. What is the best PVE leveling spec out there? Thank you.

This 8/8/25 spec is great for leveling in pve content. It maximizes the use of Flame Burst, Rail Shot, Rocket Punch and your Combustible Gas Cylinder DOT. It also gives you a slight boost to your Endurance value, which can help significantly if you start out-leveling content and get behind in gear. Make sure you have Combustible Gas Cylinder active!

Start in the Pyro tree, and put your points into your skills in this order: Bursting Flame, Iron Fist, Superheated Gas, Superheated Rail, Integrated Cardio Package, Incendiary Missile, Prototype Particle Accelerator, Rapid Venting, Firebug, Rain of Fire

Then at level 35, start int he AP tree and take the Skills in this order: Puncture, Prototype Burn Enhancers, Hot Iron, Prototype Cylinders

Then at level 43, start into the Shield Tech tree, and go the following route: Rail Loaders, Intimidation, Steely Resolve

This will work until you can start collecting some gear. It's not going to be very good for running Warzones, but you should have no trouble at all with planetary missions and Flashpoints. Once you start collecting some gear at level 50, you will want to change your spec up just a little (like moving points from Integrated Cardio Package to somewhere else).

Just make sure to pay attention to the link I gave you so you don't spend too many points into the Skills I listed above! Not all the Skills are point maxed for what I listed!

Edited by Sippix