New Computer Shopping, need advice!

NvrShoutNvr

If you want to change your position, room or even go in bed and still play ... is there more value in laptop? :D

Extra to be able to rest and play at same time cost some money :cool:

Solution: Get a futon for a computer chair :p

It's a best, a comfy chair, and relaxing!

I'm seriously debating bringing my futon in my office space.

Edited by ckoneful

If you want to change your position, room or even go in bed and still play ... is there more value in laptop? :D

Extra to be able to rest and play at same time cost some money :cool:

Gaming laptops in bed tend to not work out well for a multitude of reasons:

1 - Mouse placement is a bit crappy on a non-flat surface such as a bed.

2 - Overheating issues as the cloth from the blanket doesn't really allow for the vents to exchange air as efficiently.

And if you ever want to change position? Well, go sit differently in your chair? :p Change the position of your keyboard and mouse? :p For the many people who just have a laptop standing static on a desk, nothing changes there. And of course the argument, but I use my laptop for work as well, is a frequently heard one.

However, does anybody truly use a gaming laptop for work? Quickly are you getting into designs such as Qosmio, Alienware and other freakshow productions which have a far from professional, elegant look. And notebooks which have a slick look for professional use, commonly lack efficient specs for a decent gaming experience, such as the Vaio or Macbook series.

Gaming laptops in bed tend to not work out well for a multitude of reasons:

1 - Mouse placement is a bit crappy on a non-flat surface such as a bed.

2 - Overheating issues as the cloth from the blanket doesn't really allow for the vents to exchange air as efficiently.

And if you ever want to change position? Well, go sit differently in your chair? :p Change the position of your keyboard and mouse? :p For the many people who just have a laptop standing static on a desk, nothing changes there. And of course the argument, but I use my laptop for work as well, is a frequently heard one.

However, does anybody truly use a gaming laptop for work? Quickly are you getting into designs such as Qosmio, Alienware and other freakshow productions which have a far from professional, elegant look. And notebooks which have a slick look for professional use, commonly lack efficient specs for a decent gaming experience, such as the Vaio or Macbook series.

1 - Get a good pad, mouses works perfectly :)

2 - Asus G75 at least use backside cooling (Asus are done it very well when it came to cooling) not side to down ... but both types works perfectly on passive or active laptop padding :cool:

Work, it depends, mine is perfect tester station as it could handle 6 virtual machines in same time + 1 server one + host OS :)

1 - Get a good pad, mouses works perfectly :)

2 - Asus G75 at least use backside cooling (Asus are done it very well when it came to cooling) not side to down ... but both types works perfectly on passive or active laptop padding :cool:

Work, it depends, mine is perfect tester station as it could handle 6 virtual machines in same time + 1 server one + host OS :)

I don't know about you, but my blanker is thick and fluffy :p. Back/side cooling, it all doesn't make a difference. As the blanket would simply wrap around the notebook as it sinks into the blanket. Also as for a pad, it just doesn't work well for me when the pad is on an uneven surface. Unless it's solid like a brick, it'll sort of adapt it's shape to the blanket (in other words, it bends), which makes it less precise.

I find it hell for gaming, and as such, wouldn't ever recommend it to people :p.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.