rest experence

MadHobbit

Are we still limited to 1 lvls worth of rested xp? i was on some old chars and it seems like they had 2-3 lvls of rested xp. I know it might be because of bonuses not using the rested xp but i have been gone for a while and just wanted to make sure

I don't think it has changed, but I think it's more than just one level (maybe 2?). I know you don't get rested for turning in quests, so if you're getting a bunch of xp from quest turn ins that can push your rested bar beyond just 1 level. I've had rested get pushed far enough that when I gained a level, I showed a full bar of rested xp going into the next level.

I don't think it has changed, but I think it's more than just one level (maybe 2?). I know you don't get rested for turning in quests, so if you're getting a bunch of xp from quest turn ins that can push your rested bar beyond just 1 level. I've had rested get pushed far enough that when I gained a level, I showed a full bar of rested xp going into the next level.

No sir. It's just one. If you leave an alt parked on fleet for about a week and mouse over his experience bar it'll say something like "12,345/678,000 experience (678,000 rested)"

It never goes beyond the total needed for the current level, not counting how far along you already are.

So whether you are at 1/678,000 or 677,999/678,000 it will always top out at 678,000.

But you are correct that if questing, you can push that rested xp for two or three levels before the bar turns yellow again.

Thats because it only applies to kills.

So the XP you get from turning in quests or codex discoveries, etc does not get multiplied. Only kills.

I found that with my Imperial Agent I sneak around a lot and since that reduces the # of kills, I level up but my rested XP lasts a long, long time.... ;)

Thats because it only applies to kills.

So the XP you get from turning in quests or codex discoveries, etc does not get multiplied. Only kills.

I found that with my Imperial Agent I sneak around a lot and since that reduces the # of kills, I level up but my rested XP lasts a long, long time.... ;)

That actually hurts you more than it helps. You end up clearing quests and moving to the next zone too soon. Eventually you will reach a point you can't beat a boss and have to back track to pick up the bonus series on a previous planet. Been there.

At the very least, always do the bonus of each quest. Those bonuses really add up. Especially once you reach 47 and can start doing dailies.

Edited by JacksonMo

That actually hurts you more than it helps. You end up clearing quests and moving to the next zone too soon. Eventually you will reach a point you can't beat a boss and have to back track to pick up the bonus series on a previous planet. Been there.

At the very least, always do the bonus of each quest. Those bonuses really add up. Especially once you reach 47 and can start doing dailies.

That depends on if you do flashpoints or PVP. I've been as many as 6 levels ahead of my "current" planet (based on class quests) on a couple characters.

That depends on if you do flashpoints or PVP. I've been as many as 6 levels ahead of my "current" planet (based on class quests) on a couple characters.

A lot of folks don't get into PvP, and flashpoints can be hard to get if you are DPS.

Healers and tanks can often get insta-ques, or very short waits. (for this very reason, my alts are trending heavily towards healers)

But even in flash points, it's better to do the bonus when leveling. In my experience, groups that try to skip mobs are substantially more likely to wipe. Many fights can be skipped easily, but some groups are so close together the margin is barely wide enough to walk through, no room for error. Especially for non-stealth.

Edited by JacksonMo