scavenging in FP

Petnil

When i´m the only scavenger in a FP it´s np. I scavenge as much as i can without holding back the group. But when there´s two scavengers i will try to take turns in scavenging. Most people i´ve dont FP´s with have done the same without a word have been said. We take turns in scavenging so we get about 50% each.

A few night ago i (the healer) was in a FP with another scavenger who kept beating me to the "loot" I know it´s a small thing, he clearly knew,, or should have known, that i could scavenge too. I scavenged a few mobs at the start before it became a contest to scavenge first. When you had more than 1 droid in the group he would stop dps to scavenge to make sure he got both droids.

I should probably have said something, but i ended up beeing so anoyed i left the group. I told the group to stop pulling and just left. I know i shouldn´t have let this bother me, or i should have told the other scavenger to take turns, but i let him get to me.

Most times in a FP people a nice about scavenging and people take turns without anyone needing to say anything. It´s one of those unwritten rules. Dont be selfish and grab everything for yourself when you can see someone else is needing too. Beeing nice to other people and good at what you do and you might end up on someone friendlist. Beeing selfish definedtly will not, and you might even end up on someones ignore list.

Durasteel and Zal alloy is hardly valuable. Easy to farm on Belsavis (especially on freeing the fallen which is easy to solo). I don't understand why you let it get to you... If you left my FP for that reason YOU would be on my guild's perm ban list. Just saying

it was in a leveling FP, but that´s beside the point. I know i shouldn´t have let him bother me, i should have spoken out. Still i didn´t leave when the group was in combat. Imo i left in a fair way. I didn´t wait untill the group had pulled a ton of mobs and then left. I waited untill a group was dead then told the group to stop pulling then left. I´d never put anyone on ignore for that, but maybe that´s just me.

If the other player stopped attacking mid-fight in order to scavenge materials, I'd have called him out on it and if he didn't stop I'd have initiated a vote kick. That has NOTHING to do with 'sharing' scavenging materials, it has to do with doing your job in an FP. You are not there to let the rest of the group carry you while you scavenge materials in a fight.

Had no one else in the group kicked him then I'd have left simply on the principle that one player was not pulling his weight, not because he was 'stealing' the scavenging mats. Besides, scavenging mats are a dime a dozen since robots are one of the main enemies in the game AND there are plentiful nodes on planets. I don't even usually scavenge during an FP since it takes so long and the group is moving.