Rage BiS and Min/Max

Voxx_Voltaare

So I've seen suggestions for both Annih and Carnage, but haven't seen much on Rage and if it is any different.

I'm currently all WH with legacy wrist/belt using advanced armor/mods(only have 26s cause I'm not that rich for 27). I, of course, have the vindicator armoring/mods in custom gear as well.

So next step should be min/maxing for Rage. Not sure which mods/enhancements I should be going for and if I should be getting the new elite WH items as well. What should my numbers look like?

Also, how much is this going to be subject to change once 1.6 goes live?

I know beggars can't be choosers but geez, maybe a little elaboration?

Oh and why the hilt? Seems like a lot of grinding for 1 more str point and like 2 more end. Am I missing something?

As far as the mods/enh, how many do I need? Should they replace all mods/enh?

How are some people getting exp up into the 1300s? I'm about low 1200s now and i'm still using the exp crystals too. I did give up some exp with the belt/wrists as one of the guides said to get legacy gear and use advanced mod/enh 26 or 27s.

I know beggars can't be choosers but geez, maybe a little elaboration?

Oh and why the hilt? Seems like a lot of grinding for 1 more str point and like 2 more end. Am I missing something?

As far as the mods/enh, how many do I need? Should they replace all mods/enh?

How are some people getting exp up into the 1300s? I'm about low 1200s now and i'm still using the exp crystals too. I did give up some exp with the belt/wrists as one of the guides said to get legacy gear and use advanced mod/enh 26 or 27s.

The hilt is more than just 1 or 2 more stat points, it has a higher damage rating, thats why you want it. You want the mods in all pieces and the power surge in all but 2, mayby accuracy in the other 2 as you will be far into the surge cap at that point.

The reason you stack as much power as possible and little else is because smash is your biggest hit and AOE. It is autocrit, so to buff it, all there is is main stat and power, and power will go further than the main stat will. Rage is built around smash so power and surge is what you want. Accuracy helps your viscious slash spam that you cut down your smash timer with, keeps some damage rolling in as you build up for more roflsmashes. Crit has little use in smash spec. you get more for your stat allocation by getting the low str/high power mods in all slots. If you want the 1390 expertise, u have to steal offhand armorings from the jug warhero power generator and put em in your belt/wrist.

Buy a set (or have it crafted) of orange armor shells.

Buy the full WH Vindicator set (THIS IS THE JUGG SET, you want the 10% bonus damage for 5 seconds on charge. 10% damage after charge + smash = mmmm).

Buy the EWH weapons for hilts.

Buy Vindicator gloves for the str/power mods. Start replacing your crappy mods, starting with the crit ones, with these. These gloves also have the high endurance version of the power/surge enhancement. Use these as well as placeholders until you can get the low endurance version. See next step.

Buy force mystic gloves for the 41 power / 53 surge enhancements. Replace all remaining enhancements with these, but keep one power/accuracy enhancement. This will put your acc at 94.6% or around there. You need a base of 95% acc to get around the 5% chance to parry/deflect from most players. If you want to never ever get parried/deflected, get a few more accuracy enhancements, however just one or two should suffice.

After buying basically 3 full war hero armor sets, you are finally done min/maxing your marauder. Have fun, this will take months.

Thanks for the more in-depth knowledge!

2 things...Should I be using all str or pwr augs(or mix/match)? Is it better to buy the saber for the mods/enh since it only costs the 2k rwz creds?

Actually one more thing...will the upcoming changes with 1.6 alter this info? Not sure if I would want to start min/maxing WH and then have to grind EWH and then min/max again.