Third Faction - Crime Lords, Hutts, Neutral

Astronium

Basicall it dawned on me today, it would of course be on the level of an expansion due to all the new content etc that'd be needed.

But yeah classes are actually really easy to solve, no new ones, just mirrors of the existing ones. Now I know, but jedi and sith are bound to their factions! Ofc they are, but you can make a similar class without force powers no problems.

Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight - > Blademaster, uses vibroblade and heavy armor along with some nifyt wristmounted gadgets to take care of the force powers, grappling wire, cryo etc, most animations already exists they just need some altering.

Inquisitor/Consular - Techsavant, uses electrostaffs, have ion generators, explosives, shield tech etc, seismic charges, I could make out each ability and its new version but that'd take forever, Im just showing that logically it would work.

As for bounty hunter and agent mirrors, there are a gazzillion possibilities and no real need for specifics :p

Jedi and Sith aren't bound to their factions, many Jedi are kicked out of the order and many Sith flee the Sith order. This has happened loads of times in Star Wars lore. (OK, enough of that, I just want to play the Jedi who got kicked out). :D

But yes, yes, yes, I love this idea. (As long as I can play the Jedi who got kicked out).

While I agree that a third faction would add a lot to the game, it's one of the things that they said pre-lauch won't be happening. And considering the amount of resources/work required, I'd deem it highly unlikely at best even as part of an expansion. You'd need 4 more class stories (fully voiced) and either modify the existing planets or add new ones.