The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BiS Relics?

Kothakk

So ... after reading some on the forums my question simply is this:

Is 1 DG relic of Elemental Transcendence + 1 DG relic of Boundless Ages the BiS for a PT pyro. Or is the kinetic one better assuming you have a 20% armor debuff put on whatever u'r hitting.

Regards

Kothakk

So...

After talking to some people it seems that BiS is the following:

1 DG 350 power on use + 1 DG kinetic (assuming your raid has access to the 20% armor debuff)

otherwise

1 DG 350 power on use + 1 DG elemental damage.

So...

After talking to some people it seems that BiS is the following:

1 DG 350 power on use + 1 DG kinetic (assuming your raid has access to the 20% armor debuff)

otherwise

1 DG 350 power on use + 1 DG elemental damage.

Use internal/elemental unless you personally get armor pen in your spec. Internal for BH/agent, elemental for inq/warrior.

Good thread here, with testing parses: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5488887#post5488887

Don't get elemental, it doesn't use tech crit. 35% armour penetration is not enough to for the proc to hit for 210 damage, so don't look at the 20% from other classes as being significant.. Internal and on use power are the best to go for a PT (I don't look at WH/EWH as I don't PvP).

Needless to say there has been a lot of discussion about BiS relics recently, and I'm still trying to boil down what exactly I need for my proc relic as an AP PT.

From what I understand, I'm choosing between internal and kinetic as they are both based on tech crit, however I have seen that kinetic is better for high-armor penetration specs. Being that my big damage is all elemental, and therefor armor penetrating, does this mean that the kinetic would be more appropriate, or am I misinterpreting that concept entirely?

Needless to say there has been a lot of discussion about BiS relics recently, and I'm still trying to boil down what exactly I need for my proc relic as an AP PT.

From what I understand, I'm choosing between internal and kinetic as they are both based on tech crit, however I have seen that kinetic is better for high-armor penetration specs. Being that my big damage is all elemental, and therefor armor penetrating, does this mean that the kinetic would be more appropriate, or am I misinterpreting that concept entirely?

You are misinterpretting. Kinetic is better for classes that can bypass armor/debuff armor (for all attacks) and therefore increase it's damage to be above the internal one. I forget the exact number, but it takes about 30% armor penetration to get here. This is pretty much limited to mercs.

Edited by Infalliable

You are misinterpretting. Kinetic is better for classes that can bypass armor/debuff armor (for all attacks) and therefore increase it's damage to be above the internal one. I forget the exact number, but it takes about 30% armor penetration to get here. This is pretty much limited to mercs.

It takes more than 30%, as an arsenal merc with 35% base hit the operation dummy for 207 with the kinetic one. The rest is correct, only an arsenal merc would get kinetic, all PT spec's should get internal.