star wars novel recommendations

Jerek

heyas folks

i'm looking to get some recommendations as to where what novels would be recommended to reboot my EU novel collection, I currently have almost every novel released up til the final book in the New Jedi Order. what novels old republic, SWTOR era and post ROTJ novels are worth taking a look at?

so far all i have on my pruchase list

are the 3 SWTOR novels deception, fatal alliance and revan, what other novels are worth buying?

looking forward to your thoughts

Jerek

nope only episode 1-3 based novel i have is Rogue planet by greg bear. not one of the best eu novels i have read but does tie in nicely to one of the later books in the new jedo order series.would you recommend the darth plaegius books then?

I would strongly recommend Darth Plagueis, its gives a back story to Episode 1 and to Darth Sidious - very engaging.

Annihilation is also very good as well, better than Revan IMO.

And the Darth Bane trilogy I am just starting, so far so good. Everyone says its awesome and Drew's best work so I'd strongly recommend that as well.

Revan is well worth a read too, especially seeing as you play SWTOR.

I would strongly recommend Darth Plagueis, its gives a back story to Episode 1 and to Darth Sidious - very engaging.

Annihilation is also very good as well, better than Revan IMO.

And the Darth Bane trilogy I am just starting, so far so good. Everyone says its awesome and Drew's best work so I'd strongly recommend that as well.

Revan is well worth a read too, especially seeing as you play SWTOR.

Annihilation is awful for Empire fan, and the plot is too similar to Lost Sun, characterization is meh, especially Darth Gravus got ruined.

heyas folks

i'm looking to get some recommendations as to where what novels would be recommended to reboot my EU novel collection, I currently have almost every novel released up til the final book in the New Jedi Order. what novels old republic, SWTOR era and post ROTJ novels are worth taking a look at?

so far all i have on my pruchase list

are the 3 SWTOR novels deception, fatal alliance and revan, what other novels are worth buying?

looking forward to your thoughts

Jerek

Well my recommendations arent really TOR, but anyway... personally im a huger fan of the blackfleet crisis trilogy - where it goes into detail about the TNR going to war with the Yvethans.. or even novels like shadows of the Empire or any of the 501st.... Happy Reading

Annihilation is awful for Empire fan, and the plot is too similar to Lost Sun, characterization is meh, especially Darth Gravus got ruined.

Admittedly it is a republic propaganda pamphlet but people have to understand that in star wars the good guys win in the end. I can't comment on Lost Sun but if you haven't read if and don't plan to there's no problem. As for Gravus - ruined is the wrong word. I'll leave spoilers out of it. And I never liked the guy anyway, damn his cocky apprentice

You say you have every novel up to the end of NJO? Well obviously the next step should be all the ones that come after :) The earlier timeframes ones are all great, but most of them are stand alone or chronology fillers. The Post NJO keep the story going forward. The Darknest Trilogy, Legacy of the Force series, and Fate of the Jedi series pick up with the post-Yuuzhan Vong situation. Boom, 21 book recommend!

after checking the bibliography it turns out i am quite a few Novels short of having everything up to NJO, but i have quite a large park of my shelves taken up my my star wars novel collection. got the Boba Fett Trilogy and the Black fleet crisis. i have to admit i found that series very hard to hold my interest. but it was quite a number of years back so, i'll give it another try some time..:)

i'll have a look at the other that have been recommended here, plus i need to buy Aaron Allstone new Wraith Squadron novel. i'm realy hoping the humour is still there...:)