GTN/economy crash due to F2P (player increase) ?

ArkhanDemon

Ok so im not one of the masses of cynical mmo players who allways seem to groan and moan about everything...yawn

However on this rare occasion i will...somewhat predictibly given the laws of supply and demand...the market has been flooded with cheap level 5 purp companion gifts.

Before i would send a comp off on a diplomacy mission for 2k and sell a purp for aprox 15k....to my horror these purp comp gifts are now on the GTN for as little as 3k...

My profit margin on a 2k item was 13k now to be competitive it would be 2-3k.

where DA F**k am i spose to get money easily now? apart from farming etc...

ideas, thoughts on F2P impact on economy etc welcome.

Before i would send a comp off on a diplomacy mission for 2k and sell a purp for aprox 15k....to my horror these purp comp gifts are now on the GTN for as little as 3k...

My profit margin on a 2k item was 13k now to be competitive it would be 2-3k.

where DA F**k am i spose to get money easily now? apart from farming etc...

ideas, thoughts on F2P impact on economy etc welcome.

Average price I saw for companion gifts (before I realized you can easily lvl affection running dailies) was between 5k - 8k.... This was several months ago... and I thought that was a rip off.

I will say this, I had like 10x lvl 49 enhancements (from Poison Strategy on Ilum) on the GTN for about two-weeks before 1.5 went live. I was selling em for 15k a pop. Nothing. people kept undercutting me at 9k a pop. I'm like whatever, I'm sticking with 15k. The day 1.5 went live I was cleared out.

Additionally, in the past a lot of orange armor from drops and crafting would sit on the shelves for what seemed to be a fairly long time.... After 1.5 I cant keep much up for more than a week.

I don’t think F2P ruined anything... I think it flooded the market with BS stuff like companions gifts that should NEVER BE NETTING 13K PROFITS. But there is a much bigger demand for a lot of orange craftable that wasn’t there before, along with augment kits, purple augments, mods, and enhancements. And the best thing is, the demand is decent enough that when some ****** really undercuts me, he hurts himself way more. He's instantly bought out leaving my stuff that nets a much more respectable profits.

As far as easy money? Run BH / Ilum dailies and look into selling purple augments.... pretty easy.