Good, bad are about right?

Oxades

Last week I soloed Knight Fall and Rakghoul Release on my lvl23 defense spec guardian with Kera, I was able to do it but I did die a lot. On one hand they are heroic 2’s but on the other hand I was 4 lvl‘s higher than the quest. So my question is should I have expected to die a lot or should I be looking at make changes to my toon?

As a guardian, you have no long term CC. Even though you may be a few levels higher then the quest, you said it was heroic. That right there is more an issue than anything else you may be doing. When i leveled my guard, I only died twice through normal leveling (not counting FPs/WZs).

It is okay. Mobs in there are pretty strong, you would have to be exceptionally geared to solo it without problem. Honestly, if you don't love your Kira so much that you get her best gear every level, she does not add up that much damage, so dying a lot soloing these two is pretty much okay. IIRC lots of the mobs in there aren't even packs, they are just single superstrong elites and you need to kill them faster than they kill you, which honestly a defense guardian will hardly do with their poor damage output.

Guardians aren't as good at soloing content as some other classes. We have no CC. At your level you don't even have awe yet. We have no heals either. Again, at your level you don't even have Doc.

I could solo tons of content on my Commando and Sorcerer. My Guardian just came up short trying to solo Heroic content.

Of course, as a Defense specced Tank you should never have trouble finding a group for heroics when you want one.

Ok, so I’m where I should be. On top of doing the missions, I though that using the heroic 2 as a tank training ground would be good practice, when to shield, when to heal, that sort of thing and Kera doesn’t yell at me when we wipe. All in all I though it went will but I wanted some feedback to see if I was on track or not. Thank for the feedback and if anyone has any advice I’d love to hear it.