Adaptive Armor??

qwertywiz

True, but in this case …

1) It has nothing to do with the subject

2) This, and all his other posts are gripes

3) This is the “New Player Help” forum and it has nothing to do with either “new player” or “help”

Let’s let it die.

Yes you can, but there is a better way - use the outfit designer. That is, put the pieces of armor you want the "look" of in an outfit, and just use whatever piece of armor you get for your base.

EDIT - the "outfit" and the base can be the same piece - they don't need to be different.

It costs credits to put things in the outfit slots, but it also costs credits - many more credits as you get up in level - to rip the mods out of an armor piece.

So, say for example, you have a 132 level chest piece and you find (or buy) a 156 level chest piece. If the 132 piece is one you like the look of, just put it in your "Outfit" and equip the 156 piece on your base. Then you can continue to update your base without ripping mods or changing your look.

This also means that you can use any green, blue, orange or purple armor that has better stats in your base, and any green, blue, orange , or purple pieces you like, in your Outfit.

(Given the whole outfit designer thing, mods don't mean as much as they used to. Much of the 190/200 rating gear you get in KoFE is green or blue (with no mods), but it's perfectly fine to use as your base armor.)

Note though - if you have pieces with an augment slot, you may want to keep them as your base and continue to rip mods as it cost a lot of credits to add an augment slot.

Also, of course, you may want mod-able armor in your base if you want to adjust the secondary stats by changing mods and enhancements.

I did not know that, i've seen they put that outfit thing on the character menu but never figured out what it was. so, thanks :D

I knew someone would make that point :)

Out of any thread (or necro), some use can eventually come out of it. But I would hope we would all have an interest in keeping the S/N as high as possible.

BTW, in your helpful post (not being sarcastic) you mention the cost of ripping mods out. Why not just over-ride them as there is no longer a use for those spent/lower level ones on comps anymore? The only mod that ever had a cost benefit of ripping out to vendor is the armoring/hilt/barrel. And that’s only for (a) subs and (b) up to a certain level (high level purples cost more to rip than they can be resold for). And it’s often not worth hassle. So usually I just put the new AME into the already occupied slot and accept the warning screen.

you mention the cost of ripping mods out. Why not just over-ride them as there is no longer a use for those spent/lower level ones on comps anymore?

It's not the old mods you want to rip out, it's the new ones. If you don't have an "outfit" but you want to keep the "look" of your base armor, when you get a new higher level piece, you'd want to rip the mods out of the new piece to put them in the old piece. Similarly, if you have a base piece that has an augment slot, you may want to rip the mods rather than add an augment slot to the new piece.

If you are talking say, a 208 rating piece, it costs something like 35K* to rip 3 mods, but it only costs 5k* to put a piece in your outfit. Once you have the pieces you want the "look" of in your outfit, you can freely apply new pieces to your base without ripping any mods to preserve your look, plus the base pieces don't even have to be mod-able.

I have a couple of characters that have fully augmented base armor, so I basically pay the cost of ripping the mods - which is not a big deal when you have millions of credits.

Now that the previous stats have all been replaced with mastery, the only things to worry about when adding pieces to your base is the secondary stats like crit, accuracy, shield rating, etc, and you don't need to worry about even that when putting pieces in your outfit. (or your companion's outfit).

I also have several that just have whatever armor piece has the best stats as their base and I therefore, don't need to rip mods.

(All of my main characters have an "outfit".)

* costs vary with level, but the ratio remains about the same.

Edited by JediQuaker
spelling