Armour type matter much? few other questions too

peteed

Does heavy armour make solo questing with a companion much easier?

Do Bounty Hunters use cover like Smugglers do or do they just stand there and shoot?

Whats a good class/advanced class for a a new player on Empire side?

Tanking hard for new players to handle?

Edited by peteed

Does heavy armour make solo questing with a companion much easier?

Do Bounty Hunters use cover like Smugglers do or do they just stand there and shoot?

Whats a good class/advanced class for a a new player on Empire side?

Tanking hard for new players to handle?

Okay, lets see....

1) heavy armor, easier?

not really, tbh. A marauder (medium) or sorc (light) will have just as easy a time killing stuff, they may take a little more damage, but nothing really substantial

2) BH cover?

No. only smugglers/agents, more specifically snipers/gunslingers, use cover as a major mechanic in their DPS

3)good AC on imp?

Because of the wording, im assuming you have one or severalt pub characters. Every class has a mirror on the opposite faction, meaning the only differences are the names of the abilities and occasionally the weapons. They still have the same functionality, and their moves work the same way. I personally would recommend Juggernaut, Marauder, or Mercenary. Juggernauts have high damage if specced right, lots of defensive cooldowns, and can tank, if necessary. Marauders have three really good damage trees, but lack a little survivability. Mercenaries are pretty easy to pick up, both DPS specs are pretty simple to learn, while doing pretty good DPS, and can off-heal, if necessary. That being said, mercs get flamed often for their lack of escape routes and "turreted" style damage in PvP. To be quite honest, I think the easiest class to learn is the one you find the most fun :D

4) Tanking easy for a new player?

Im not entirely too sure about this, I started tanking for the first time in this game, and I enjoyed it. I also like to think I do pretty well at it, but I have several years of MMO experience in general under my belt. Im not sure how easy tanking is to pick up for brand new players, but remember, if you want to try to improve, you can always ask the forums, general chat (Both have high chances of being trolled) or join a guild that will help get you on your feet :D

Hope that helps a little :p

Edit: the suggestions I posted in the 4th answer to find help also apply to learning more about your class. Reading the forums helps quite a bit, if you can wade through all the QQ and ridiculous arguments.

Edited by Meepbot

:o I have a stalker haha

Yeah I made some Jedi in head start and bought CE back then but only hit 29 as my highest before dropping game for quite a while. Honestly if I could find a guild I can do (alot of) instances in when leveling i'd go dps cause I prefer to dual wield light sabers or pistols. Most of my fun in MMO's comes from instances.