Some issues, critiques, and suggestion (discussion thread)

Rhyn

I have to say that I do enjoy the game quite a bit and I realize it is still a young game. However, there are some areas that I find severely lacking. This is my critique of the game after almost a year.

1) Still the best leveling I have ever experience with the story really keeping myself and most people I talk to entertained. Does feel like a job

2) The game IMO has a lot of instances as you level with their own unique stories and a lot of them have real good star wars feel. IE the maelstrom and the False Emperor.

3) I actually like the worlds very much and think they look amazing.

Ok now it is time to get to the issues I see and so many people I talk to have issues with.

• The planets are beautiful but there is no reason to go back to them.

• There is a galactic war raging with Jedi against Sith! Where is it?

• Lack of a reason to open world PvP leaving the Galactic War nonexistent.

• With no open world PvP there is a lack of a reason for alliances between same factions and a lack of competitiveness between opposing factions.

A potential fix to kick start the war throughout the Galaxy.

• (I want to say sorry for this one in advance) I would like to see Illum become a PvP area similar to Tol Barad from WoW. (I know I hate it too). There are period timed battles and whatever faction wins and controls the area has additional quest they can complete until the next battle.

• I would love to see static 3 bases put on high level planets IE. Voss, Corellia, Hoth. These bases have hot times and can be controlled through a sequenced event. The base can be controllable for 2.5 hours nightly during prime time hours for your server time slot.

• These bases, along with Illum, and who controls them show the way the war is tipping. The reward for controlling a base could be reduced cost on PvP vendor IE. stims adrenals and boxes. Also you get 2 ranked WZ coms for each base you control for every WZ you complete and a valor increase for the duration of the control. More bases.

• There should also be Valor and coms for each open world kill. However, cap this at 2 kills with a decay timer to help prevent farming.

Gear progression, crafting, and End game

• The gear progression makes no sense and I understand BW is going to address this. However, crafting needs to figure into the progression as well.

• There are far too many BOP items and crafting really IMO does fit into gear progression very well. It seems fine at higher levels with the RE system but lower tier seems watered down and weak.

• On the orange gear get rid of the light, medium, heavy armor, and faction restrictions and let the player decide what he wants his character to look like. We do not like the developers choosing what we do with our toons it is our job.

• The end game I have a problem with. I have talked to many people about this and most agree. Where is the Star Wars in the end game? Other than Karaga’s Palace, the 1st 2 bosses, they feel like generic instances that could be in any SCI-FI game. Why are we not taking a ship and fighting our way on to a star destroyer and breaking a blockade? Conducting an assault on Druman Kas or trying to take down the Jedi Temple? The point I am making is give us Star wars.

PvP

• Enjoy it but the balance has not been right since pre 1.2

• The CC is out of control please double the cool down on all cc abilities, and have our CC break reset on death. This one thing would fix so much IMO

• Please fix ranked WZ please to open them up. Que’s are too long and lack of either population or guild to get 8 people to do them leaves those that do with a huge disparity between teams.

• Make any size group able to gue for ranked as well as single players and open the pool up. Make it require a 1 time token purchased after you have filled all slots with battle master gear. This is to prevent under geared players trying to farm off of their team without the ability to contribute.

These are some thing that I think would make a big difference how people look at the game. Right now the number one complaint I hear from everyone that has quit is there is not enough to do at 50. It is repetitive and boring. Gives options and gives us war, and give your opinion on what I have written or your ideas. I would love for us to give the dev.’s a pulse of the community.

Edited by Rhyn
context

While i dont agree with most of the post there are two points I would like to make that I do agree with. Ranked pvp is too hard to get into, even opening it up to 4 man groups would be helpfull. Alternatively if you allow a queue solo maybe it should require a certian level of valor, say valor 60 like warhero gear used to require to prevent someone who has never pvped before from bringing down teams.

And 2nd like the OP I agree that CC is out of hand, the CC break should refresh when you die, then you at least have one chance to break something. It seems even worse then normaly where you are chain stunned and killed though, I dont know if resolve is not working or not adding enough to stuns. Roots dont seem to add anything to resolve or can still hit when full resolve like someone leaping to you or the sniper knock back. What ever the reason its out of hand, you can get stuned for way to long without being able to act.

While i dont agree with most of the post there are two points I would like to make that I do agree with. Ranked pvp is too hard to get into, even opening it up to 4 man groups would be helpfull. Alternatively if you allow a queue solo maybe it should require a certian level of valor, say valor 60 like warhero gear used to require to prevent someone who has never pvped before from bringing down teams. .

I agree with this i also wrote the follow:

Make it require a 1 time token purchased available after you have filled all slots with battle master gear. This is to prevent under geared players trying to farm off of their team without the ability to contribute.

My word, CCs are out of control,while they hop out and stun you,you possible able to react fast enough to get out of it...now comes the second stun, and its over.

Why it is over? The amount of the dmg output is way to high.

Other way: You stay far, start to channel an attack...now they hop out of stealth and beat you in the back, when you react you usualy lost most of your health (due to global cooldown or what else, imobal)...now they stun and that was your experience of a fight.

Other way: They jump to yu, you try to react but get a massive attack, and a second, a third...now you try to heal...channel channel channel...he still hits you and you couldnt even outheal the first attack. If you are able to finish the first heal is a big question.

Fixes:

--> Instant heals with high amounts.

--> dmg outputs taken down on most classes.

--> most CCs no longer work on players.

--> channel an attack while you be able to move (eg. Unload/FullAuto) just have to watch the target.

This should be the first list of actions that would make PvP and other stuff in game way more balanced. For example while tanks and dps usualy run around the boss the healers have to stay put (some can move a bit...at least), while boss loads AoE attacks on them (now the are forced to move and watch the group goes down, or try their chance and...its is a pain).

You saw the list of actions most Healers/Tanks have to do, dps classes usualy just do dmg, and run a huge amount of dmg at PvP which a healer or Tank cant take care of. They dont think, they dont have to do anything bad while others go crazy. And after they defeat you at PvP some kidding on you.