Asus g75

beasthunt

I would personaly like to know how your new laptop works with the game. Especially with that Nvidia graphics card I know there were a lot of issues with those after 1.4 I'm not sure if its fixed since I use a Radeon. But yeah I would like to know how it works out for ya! Currently I use a HP dv6 entertainment edition and SWTOR and GW2 runs at medium on that, but Ive been wanting to upgrade. So yeah keep me posted on how it works out for you. ;)

I would personaly like to know how your new laptop works with the game. Especially with that Nvidia graphics card I know there were a lot of issues with those after 1.4 I'm not sure if its fixed since I use a Radeon. But yeah I would like to know how it works out for ya! Currently I use a HP dv6 entertainment edition and SWTOR and GW2 runs at medium on that, but Ive been wanting to upgrade. So yeah keep me posted on how it works out for you. ;)

Will do! I ran into someone in game who is using the g73 and she said she said she runs it at max with no frame rate problems. Her card is the amd one though. Also someone on gamefaqs replied to a similar post and pretty much said the same thing. I will keep you updated.

Just fired it up. Played about 5 mins of pve then hopped right into a wz. Everything max, including v-sync I was getting 45-55fps in the wz. That is without updating the drivers or overclocking it. My fps in pve stayed around 60. I assume it will be even better after I grab the new drivers. It looks like a completely different game. Ok. I fibbed about everything being maxed. The visible characters thing was at high instead of very high. It is such a meaningless slider that I did not bother to change it. I did not get a chance to hit the fleet but I will post the fps on the fleet. That will give us a good idea but first I will grab the most recent drivers.

:edit:

Ok. Hit the fleet and the fps would go between 35-55 in the GN area. I would say average was 45. This machine is most impressive. I'm torn about bloom. I don't rreally care for it. I turned it off and my fps jumped. I was hitting over 100fps but it was not like I was in a wz or anything. Just looking for traitors on nar shadaa for the empire.

Edited by beasthunt

It looks like a completely different game.

I have recently upgraded, not the same machine as yours, and said eaxctly the same as you.

I went from 20(ish) fps on lowest graphics settings out in the world to 70-80 fps in WZs with everything maxed out, so I went out and bought myself a nice new HD screen to go with it and it really does look like a different game.

I find myself leveling alt that I had left just so I have a good reason to go out and see the galaxy in this whole new light lol.

Enjoy your new laptop and your 'new' game.

Edited by PalihoJ