Aussie player unsure where to play :S

peteed

Ok so I was on Jekk Jekk Tarr or however it was spelt and now am on The Harbringer with a forced name change for my characters.

I also have Characters on Dalborra.

Oceanic servers are all light pop atm :( do yas think it will be much better in F2P? The difference between the 170 to 350ms I get on US server compared to the 15 to 40ms on oceanic is pretty major but I like raids and instances and light popmakes that hard to do.

You want to play on an oceanic server, weather that be now or at a later date, there going to fix the population issue in due time.

The ping/latency makes all the difference don't listen to people who tell you to play ob US servers... Because you won't feel the full extent of the lag until later on the game, and you won't like.

Despite this game being EA, it is the only decent MMO with local servers, so I would take advantage of that if I was you.

P.S I think the RP-pve server has the best pop atm.

Gav Daragon good to know...

Which faction is more populated? Don't really care which I play from a story side of things but the high pop faction can only help haha.

Also what role out of tank, dps and healer will get me groups easier? Is the LFG tool wait times really bad when leveling or can you find groups ok?

Play on US server. The ping isn't that huge of a deal. I don't know which would offer you a lower latency. Maybe a west coast server, but you can try a few.

really? when other country ppl play on ASPC server,

they got ping 190~4XX,

then some story cant continue due to the lag,

and the only solution is to page GM or wait network loading go down.

ping is a huge matter,

don't say it if u don't know it.

really? when other country ppl play on ASPC server,

they got ping 190~4XX,

then some story cant continue due to the lag,

and the only solution is to page GM or wait network loading go down.

ping is a huge matter,

don't say it if u don't know it.

If you want to play with a decent number of people, you do what you must. I have played some games on asian servers a couple of years ago, and I had no problem. Then again, none of them had the overhead of swtor. Which can be laggy even with 70ish latency.

I wouldn't want to play a shooter with 200ms-plus pings, but it wasn't horrible messing around in Aion with my guild before it was released here.

Based on what people indicated on the forum, Dalborra is the most populated APAC server in recently months. Harbringer has a reasonable number of players during aussie hours.

Given you have characters on both servers, I say try to play a few days on both servers and decide for yourself. In terms of faction, imp used to have a slightly higher number. But it appears to be evening out over time.

Gav Daragon good to know...

Which faction is more populated? Don't really care which I play from a story side of things but the high pop faction can only help haha.

Also what role out of tank, dps and healer will get me groups easier? Is the LFG tool wait times really bad when leveling or can you find groups ok?

If you come to Gav and roll Republic, just roll anything but a sentinel

Too many bloody sentinels!

Based on what people indicated on the forum, Dalborra is the most populated APAC server in recently months. Harbringer has a reasonable number of players during aussie hours.

Given you have characters on both servers, I say try to play a few days on both servers and decide for yourself. In terms of faction, imp used to have a slightly higher number. But it appears to be evening out over time.

Characters on both servers are only in the 20-30 areas so not too much of an issue swapping and would rather do now than later.

come to Master dar nala.

^ This

Bioware is going to wait until after f2p is launched to see if the oceanics fill out. In the case that they don't, they will be looking at the super server option as well as others. One way or another plans are in place to get pops in oceanic up.

If you want to play with a decent number of people, you do what you must. I have played some games on asian servers a couple of years ago, and I had no problem. Then again, none of them had the overhead of swtor. Which can be laggy even with 70ish latency.

I wouldn't want to play a shooter with 200ms-plus pings, but it wasn't horrible messing around in Aion with my guild before it was released here.

maybe i didn't clear that situation enough,

the latency will cause SWTOR stuck at some story cut scene,

i know what important with a decent number play in MMO,

but the latency sometimes will cause this game unplayable,

it just stuck there, u can cancel it, but u just can't progress ur class storyline,

all u can do is peti the CS!!