RP - Speech bubbles/Dedicated Chat

Numero_Uno

Hi,

As a recently returning player to the game & a roleplayer, I'd like to know if the Chat bubble feature has been implemented yet or if there has been any update on the feature being added into the game. Last I heard it was in the beta but was removed for release as it was bugged or something.

If there is no Chat bubble feature planned, then perhaps the devs could simply add a /rp chat channel, which would work with the same ruleset the /say channel operates on but would have a different colour that would make it clearer to people reading the text that this person is roleplaying. That seems like a very easy solution that the devs could add to the game for us roleplayers.

So please, give us the chat bubbles or the /rp chat channel!

Thank you!

Nope. Chat Bubbles have not been implemented yet. It's still unknown when we'll receive them.

I think the /rp chat channels that exist are user created. As a very, very long-time RPer, I can tell you that having a game-wide chat channel for RP is not and never will be the same as avatar-to-avatar RP. Good RP mimics real life in many ways, so spamming a chat channel with a couple dozen others is not ideal.

Having said that, the best solution is to use /emote (/e) which is what most of us do. The default color appears as orange allowing it to stand out better. It's not ideal, but it works. Also, as a tip, avoid RPing in cantinas. RP can happen anywhere, you just have to ensure people know you're an RPer, by random emoting, etc. (It's too bad the game doesn't have an option to flag yourself as an RPer as others do.)

Thanks for the link Jek. I didn't mean the RP channel would be like a global channel that people would just spam, I meant it would be exactly like the /say channel, in that you need to be within a certain radius of the player using it in order to see what they said, only this time it appears clearly labled that the person is roleplaying so what they said is rp.

I can see your point of using the /e emote system to achieve this, but why the devs couldn't give a /rp chat like i've already mentioned would be a good way to clearly state roleplay if chat bubbles have not been implemented yet. Heck, even if they implement the chat bubbles at some point, a way to clearly mark what is siad in the bubbles as roleplay would still be a great feature for alot of players.