Server Transfer Name Change

Sydnee_Steele

( Please note that I'm not one of those psychotically mad TOR players that wants to burn down Bioware/EA for a forced name change...I'm just a bit surprised and I want to get this off my chest )

I've been here since around the time the game launched ( give or take a month of so ) and always on the same server ( Harbinger ) . I've had the same name for a long time. It wasn't sexual or suggestive in anyway yet when they merged the servers I was forced to change my name when I logged in one night.

What I don't understand is why I had to change my name if I was on the server first with that name. I personally don't see it as right or even fair that I had to change my name because someone moving over from another server had it too. If anything they should've had to have changed their name. If anyone can help me understand this I'd be appreciative.

( please note that before some "mod" comes in and posts some "copy and paste" response to explain my problem I do want to say that I've played ALLOT on my toon and have it MAXED. It was my original toon from the beginning. These "other factors" that the SWTOR staff speak of simply translates into " we needed a way to explain a screw up so don't flood our call centers " . )

What this breaks down to is that the most popular names in the game go to the people TOR want them to so those players keep playing. More then likely the players that spend thousands in the micro transaction shop. Seniority, Time played and other things they claimed that would factor into a player keeping their name is a lie because if thats true I'd still have my name hands down. There is no system or concrete "factors" as they claim because that would complicate things way to much for them......point blank is they screwed up and they needed to explain to angry players why they don't have their names anymore.

Edited by Sydnee_Steele

As it has been said many times before in many other threads...

The Harbinger server that you are on now is not the Harbinger server that you rolled on. Servers got merged onto new servers that were given the name of one of the merging servers.

The basically took servers A,B and C and put them on a new server with the same name as server "A". Essentially, ALL of us are on new servers and most of us have had to change a name or two.

Their "copy and paste" response likely stated this clearly.

Deal with it and move on.

Edited by TheBBP

( Please note that I'm not one of those psychotically mad TOR players that wants to burn down Bioware/EA for a forced name change...I'm just a bit surprised and I want to get this off my chest )

I've been here since around the time the game launched ( give or take a month of so ) and always on the same server ( Harbinger ) . I've had the same name for a long time. It wasn't sexual or suggestive in anyway yet when they merged the servers I was forced to change my name when I logged in one night.

What I don't understand is why I had to change my name if I was on the server first with that name. I personally don't see it as right or even fair that I had to change my name because someone moving over from another server had it too. If anything they should've had to have changed their name. If anyone can help me understand this I'd be appreciative.

( please note that before some "mod" comes in and posts some "copy and paste" response to explain my problem I do want to say that I've played ALLOT on my toon and have it MAXED. It was my original toon from the beginning. These "other factors" that the SWTOR staff speak of simply translates into " we needed a way to explain a screw up so don't flood our call centers " . )

What this breaks down to is that the most popular names in the game go to the people TOR want them to so those players keep playing. More then likely the players that spend thousands in the micro transaction shop. Seniority, Time played and other things they claimed that would factor into a player keeping their name is a lie because if thats true I'd still have my name hands down. There is no system or concrete "factors" as they claim because that would complicate things way to much for them......point blank is they screwed up and they needed to explain to angry players why they don't have their names anymore.

Starting the game a month or so in doesnt give you the Seniority you think it does. Someone had the name before you did. As there is currently no Micro Transaction shop no one in the game has spent thousands in it.

They changed the naming policy twice. First server merge the one that was on the server with it first kept it. Second merge the one with the name the longest kept it. So to answer you question. The reason you lost your name was because someone else had it before you did.

Yeah, I was in closed beta from the beginning and was playing the game on the first day of EA and still had to change 3 of my characters names. I am alright with that. Get over it.