Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Memory leak

Abuelo-Jedi

Outlook and browser are separate apps... are you talking total used ram used or the swtor.exe's under the process tab of task manager?

SWTOR is a 32bit app. I have 64GB of ram. I don't know what you got going on but that is a lot of ram for one 32bit app... definitely something going on somewhere... like you said though when you got a bunch of ram... leaks are not that big of an issue performance wise

I am still trying to fathom just how I could possibly use that much ram. I only have 6 gigs, but honestly, I still feel that is more than I need.

That said, I want your ram....

Definitely a memory leak related to TFB - none of my guildies have had issues with this until 1.4. When we are in Asation we get peoples screens randomly freezing and getting "Star Wars the Old Republic is Not Responding" etc. I have never had SWTOR crash on me until last boss in TFB, and it has happened 2-3 times over the past couple months.

I have 16GB RAM and my SWTOR usually uses about 2GB upwards of 3+ when in TFB.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.