How much influence does Disney have over Lucasfilm?

Beniboybling

Just curious to know what this means for Lucasfilm. I mean before they were funded by Fox, but Lucas tried to keep independent and not let then change anything (mainly by funding it himself). Has Disney now effectively replaced Fox? And if so do they play the same role? I get the idea that things aren't going to change that much, Lucasfilm are still making the films, Disney is just giving them the funding, and maybe tweaking the result a little to their liking. Whoever is in charge of Lucasfilm now (i forget her name) may wish to do it the Lucas way and stay as detached from DIsney as possible. So how much of an impact are Disney going to have on these films? Isn't this just another corporate change over of one company to another? Or are we going to start to see a heavier corporation influence over Star Wars?

Disney OWNS LucasFilm and all it's subsidiaries (ILM, Skywalker Sound, LucasArts, etc.) lock, stock, and barrel. Pretty frigging simple- LucasFilm is a subsidiary of Disney- Doesn't sound like you understand that :confused::rolleyes:

/closethread

I know but what does that mean? Aren't Lucasfilm still making films?

pretty much complete control.

You don't spend 4 billion dollars to let someone do what ever they want with your money.

^this

Also:

"I know but what does that mean? Aren't Lucasfilm still making films? "

pretty much complete control.

You don't spend 4 billion dollars to let someone do what ever they want with your money.

hey it worked with Marvel

The Pixar and Marvel acquisitions included studio independence in the deal - Disney agreed to let them continue to run themselves. Any such commitment was conspicuously absent in the Lucasfilm deal. Disney wants those brands and those franchises - not George's management regime. How much influence? Total influence. Take nothing for granted over the next year.

The Pixar and Marvel acquisitions included studio independence in the deal - Disney agreed to let them continue to run themselves. Any such commitment was conspicuously absent in the Lucasfilm deal. Disney wants those brands and those franchises - not George's management regime. How much influence? Total influence. Take nothing for granted over the next year.

Ironic, Lucas always wanted to be independent of the Hollywood network and make his own films without them getting in the way, now he's turned his whole company over the Hollywood to do with it as they like.