Ilum and building of lightsabers on next episode of The Clone Wars

JimG

So the previews for the next episode of The Clone Wars ("The Gathering" is the episode name) show a group of Padawans going to Ilum with Yoda and Ahsoka to build their first lightsabers. It will be pretty interesting to see how they portray Ilum (I'm guessing there will be no world PVP occurring there either, lol...just kidding) and the process of building lightsabers.

Pro-Tip: As any Star Wars fan will tell you, Lucas changes his mind. For more information: See Episodes 7-9.

that's what i've been saying.

but yeah it actually looks like a fun episode. I like the ones where they explore the jedi lore like that.

Edited by jarjarloves

Sad to see they are running out of ideas....this arc about younglings making sabers...."exciting"...

Hardly, there exploring a planet that has got little attention in Star Wars lore as well as a concept of lore that is largely unexplored, and from the preview it looks to be very cool. Star Wars isn't all about big space battles and lightsaber duels, I'd rather see a unique episode on lore than another battle with a generic bad guy.

Looks like a great episode, more lore is awesome.

Yes Wookiee jedi hmm, looks like George changed his mind.

What i think is that this is Lowbaca but during the purge he changed his name.

We do know wookiees can get pretty old.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Looks like a great episode, more lore is awesome.

Yes Wookiee jedi hmm, looks like George changed his mind.

What i think is that this is Lowbaca but during the purge he changed his name.

We do know wookiees can get pretty old.

Nobody considering that this wookiee might die? It is possible.

I love the CloneWars Series , great storytelling , great Graphics , just all around Awesome ! I think Lucas has done a over awesome Job with this Series and the Stories his Daughter has done have been very good !

It shows maybe in the longrun what direction he wanted to go with StarWars and I agree with him . I wish they were longer though :(

My son and I enjoy it alot !

Edited by mefit

The one thing I will never like about the Clone Wars series is that the episodes are too short, making everything really quick and not really building up to anything. So in the end, where stuck with a lot of moments where the crystal just had to be exactly where they were, blah.

And seriously, Ilum got a total of like what, 5 seconds of screen time? It was just snow, literally, the only defining feature being the mountains of which only got a second more screen time themselves. I was hoping for a little more "OMG" spine tingly-ness when they entered the temple, but no, the suspense and building was as good as nothing.

Still, kinda wish we could look for a lightsaber crystal on Ilum like they did, hell, even on Tython, would have been a fun quest that wasn't straight into the whole "bad guy doing bad things" straight off the bat. Wouldn't mind getting to pick my own colour too.

/sigh

It also looks like the next three episodes will be tied to this one

Pirates attack the ship with Ahsoka and the younglings, Ahsoka is held captive by Hondo and she has to be rescued, General Grievous attacks Hondo's base and the Jedi and the pirates unite to fight back, my guess is Hondo dies

Good episode. Just a heads up, this is the first of a 4 part arc on these younglings, and without giving away any spoilers - Grievous makes an appearance :D (and Hondo *ugh*)

EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to the punch :o

EDIT (again):

Pirates attack the ship with Ahsoka and the younglings, Ahsoka is held captive by Hondo and she has to be rescued, General Grievous attacks Hondo's base and the Jedi and the pirates unite to fight back, my guess is Hondo dies

I'd love this to happen, I'm not a fan of the whole Hondo thing, him being the got to guy if you every have same 'wholly legitimate business to conduct' - I would love it if Grievous kills him, his kill count has been lacking in this series.

Edited by Beniboybling

It also looks like the next three episodes will be tied to this one

Man TCW is really making no sense now a days. Maybe this will be the last season at this rate of poor episodes.

My feeling is that much of the lesser stuff has been given to us this half part of the season, much of the big "Wow" moments in the trailer hasn't appeared yet, everything involving the Maul/Death Watch alliance, the providence cruiser on Cato Neimoidia, the Republic Commando, the attack on the Jedi temple, the level 1313 look alike, Ventress returning

I love the CloneWars Series , great storytelling , great Graphics , just all around Awesome ! I think Lucas has done a over awesome Job with this Series and the Stories his Daughter has done have been very good !

It shows maybe in the longrun what direction he wanted to go with StarWars and I agree with him . I wish they were longer though :(

My son and I enjoy it alot !

I enjoy the Clone wars, for one being a Star wars fan this is the only new Star Wars, I can get at the moment, and for a half hout show they do some great story telling. I was not a big fan of the graphics at first but they have grown on me and are ok, I like how the series has matured as it grows from season to season.

Man TCW is really making no sense now a days. Maybe this will be the last season at this rate of poor episodes.

The episodes are not poor, nor will they be the end of the series. Season five was planned from the beginning to be the final season anyway. After this there will be a second TCW movie.

The episodes are not poor, nor will they be the end of the series. Season five was planned from the beginning to be the final season anyway. After this there will be a second TCW movie.

I was meaning that at the rate they are going the other seasons would be cancelled, i.e. I was not being serious but displaying how bad and boring this arc and the last was. :rolleyes: